A nastaglic moment from childhood. C/C welcomed.

lzfotolzfoto Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited May 17, 2011 in People
Living in Pennsylvania, we have the privilage of having both worlds under our fingers, the city and the rural. We went to visit a local park recently. My son, being a curious one climbed up on the fence to view the field of horses grazing in the pasture. I caught this moment. This picture gives me a feel of the carefree, farm, nastagic feeling. The eyes of innocents and no worries, just curiousty. CC is most welcome as I would love to know on lighting, composition, edit, and overal look and feel.

DSC3377-Edit-1-L.jpg

Comments

• tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 14, 2011
    Beautiful portrait. Perfectly chosen depth of field. The sepia conversion works great on that portrait. The sharpness is as it should be! The verdict - perfect portrait!
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    Very nice. I might've knocked off half the white sky, but that's up to you.
    Processing, subject etc. is great.
  • littlebayzombielittlebayzombie Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    Well, the childhood memory I'm revisiting at the moment involves an electric fence... just like the one your son has in his hand. :hahaHope it wasn't on!

It's an adorable shot. Wish I could see his eyes a little better!
    ♥ Jenifer
    I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building. - Charles M. Schulz
  • chris5olsonchris5olson Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    Wonderful shot :) . Im from PA as well. and i agree that its a great mix!! always something interesting to use as a backdrop!
    In My Bag:
    Canon Rebel XSi. Canon 50mm f/1.4. Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6. Speedlite 430exII
    Coming Soon
    Canon 5DmkII. Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L
  • lzfotolzfoto Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    Thanks everyone! It was just a piece of wire, not an electric type...it was just there not going along the fence, happened to be in just in that area. I've seen electric wires before, trust me, I'd be dragging my kid off the fence then trying to take a pic.mwink.gif I ended up printing and framing the photo. Looks very nice hanging.