April in New Zealand

sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,962 moderator
edited May 16, 2011 in Landscapes
Here are a few shots from our recent trip to New Zealand. C & C welcome.

1. View of Auckland from Mount Eden
From-Mount-Eden-9874-l-M.jpg

2. Reflection of Lion Rock on Piha Beach
Reflection-of-Lion-Rock-9968-l-L.jpg

3. Mist on Piha Beach (one of the western beaches)
Piha-Beach-with-Mist-2-9970-l-L.jpg

4. On the Way to Milford Sound
Milford-Fjord-Area-0158-l-L.jpg

5. Navigating the Sound
Milford-Sound-9999-l-L.jpg

6. Looking Up at a Waterfall (in Milford Sound)
Milford-Sound-Waterfall-0018-l-L.jpg

Still processing the photos from this trip but thought I'd share a few now.

Thanks,
Gretchen

New Zealand Gallery: http://www.gretchenkeithphotography.com/Travel/New-Zealand/17035768_x9qv2s

Comments

• chuck54chuck54 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    Gorgeous. Especially #s 3 & 5.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    These are really stunning. I particularly like 2 and 5...I just wish they were a little big bigger. Nice - you have caught that beauty well!
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,962 moderator
    edited May 14, 2011
    Eia wrote: »
    These are really stunning. I particularly like 2 and 5...I just wish they were a little big bigger. Nice - you have caught that beauty well!

Chuck54 and Eia, thanks for your input. As for size, I've been embedding medium photos but perhaps large is more standard now. Easy to change!
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    I really like #5. It is almost like there is a storm that is pushing its way through the narrows directly towards the viewer.
  • oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    5 is my favorite as well. Foreboding and peaceful at the same time.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    Beautiful! My favorite is the mist on the beach, #3, but I agree the drama in #5 is incredible.
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,962 moderator
    edited May 16, 2011
    schmoo wrote: »
    Beautiful! My favorite is the mist on the beach, #3, but I agree the drama in #5 is incredible.

Thank you Doug, Oldoval, and Schmoo for your input on these. I had about 15 minutes on the beach shown in #2 and #3. Felt very fortunate that my one shot of the mist on the beach worked out!

In contrast, I had lots of time on the cruise through Milford Sound and the trick was trying to be aware of what was in front, behind, and beside me at all times! I thought I was onto something different with #5 but wasn't sure until I had a chance to process the Raw files. Very happy to have had a mix of weather there and not all rain. Had purchased fingerless gloves made of merino wool and possum fur (with photography in mind) and ended up using them during part of that trip!

Gretchen