Options

Please - Help Needed Regarding RAW images

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited May 21, 2011 in Finishing School
Hello,
Been a while since ive posted - kinda havent been as involved with photography as i used to be. I recently hired a photog to shoot my daughters bat mitzvah and I asked him to give me a copy of the RAW images on a CD in case if in the future i wanted to work on some of the pictures or get them redone. . I assumed he was shooting RAW + Jpeg ( But I dont know ) anyway he just left a message for my wife saying that its finished but he cant print the pictures coz the lab doesnt print from RAW ( this is how my wife explained the message ). Since i cant reach him, im thinking that maybe he only shot in RAW. Its been a long time since ive delt with RAW images and i was never very proficient with understanding it anyway - i just knew it was the right way to go. Obviously I need to speak to this guy but my question is what do you think is going on here and what can i do / he do to be able to print these pictures.

windoze

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    Spoke to you by phone - but when you get the disk, try PSE9, you have that. If you have trouble, post here and we'll all help!
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Spoke to you by phone - but when you get the disk, try PSE9, you have that. If you have trouble, post here and we'll all help!

It Worked! The photographer who took the pics learned how to use lightroom to convert to jpegs ( he is old school ). so Now I got RAW and jpeg copies and he learned a new skill. Im the first customer he had ever ask for RAW copies. So now my wife can run to local CVS to print out her Jpegs and I can practice using RAW files to make my own copies - everybody wins. Thanx for the support Andy.

HeatherBat-L.jpg