Options

XML feed to Google sidebar

SimonG156SimonG156 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
I have an RSS feed from some galleries to my Google sidebar. However, the pictures that I have rotated thru the smugmug photo tools appear unrotated in the sidebar. Is this the RSS feed at fault?

Comments

• Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2005
    SimonG156 wrote:
    I have an RSS feed from some galleries to my Google sidebar. However, the pictures that I have rotated thru the smugmug photo tools appear unrotated in the sidebar. Is this the RSS feed at fault?

This sounds like a problem with Google's toolbar caching your old photos. Once rotated, the photos receive a new URL, but Google may be ignoring them.

I've never used the toolbar, so I can only speculate, but it's on my todo-list to check it out.

FYI, if the toolbar includes Google's web-caching technology, it's seriously broken. If you have it on, other Google users can see your tools and private galleries and things... The worst part about it, is we can't do anything about it. :(

Don
  • Options
    SimonG156SimonG156 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2005
    onethumb wrote:
    FYI, if the toolbar includes Google's web-caching technology, it's seriously broken. If you have it on, other Google users can see your tools and private galleries and things... The worst part about it, is we can't do anything about it. :(

Don
    Now you've just scared me.

It only seems to work with public galleries anyway, so are you saying that it is these images that may be cached by Google and later appear in Google's image search?