Introducing....

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited May 20, 2011 in People
...our newest addition - "Cooper" the Bearded Collie, just 8 weeks old :)

processed4-L.jpg

Comments

• indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    Impossibly cute. IMPOSSIBLY CUTE.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    Sooooo, soooo cute! :) And those blue eyes, incredible! :)
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited May 16, 2011
    What a beauty! I just want to pick him up and hug him (or her?)

--- Denise
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    He's a him, and an absoloute little love - haven't raised a puppy in 18 years (we got Beau, our previous Beardie, as a rescue at 3 years old), and had forgotten how very much fun it is. Although tiring - this guy is making "outraged chimpanzee" noises overnight once crated, so very short on sleep at the moment! He'll settle down eventually, but these first few nights are ... er... noisy ;)

He's a sweetheart, though - couldn't ask for a nicer young pup. And I absolutely LOVE that adoring look he's giving A in the middle shot above! They're already big buddies iloveyou.gif
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    I'll say it again... IT'S SO FLUFFY!! :D
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    ohhhhh I want one !!!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
    edited May 17, 2011
    Heeeheee.... Yes, fluffy indeed... and this is just puppy coat! The funny thing about Beardies is they look nothing at ALL like their adult selves as puppies - you sometimes have difficulty convincing people they're even the same breed! If you saw the movie (or the ads for) "The Shaggy Dog"... that's what they look like all growed up. Much hair :D
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    Great looking dog!! I wouldn't want the task of keeping him clean when he is grown with his full coat. :D

Sam
    edited May 17, 2011
    Oh yeah - Loads O' Hair. That said, we don't show so we'll keep him clipped in a puppy cut which is way easier to take care of than a full coat!

Show Beardie

How pet Beardies tend to look (this is our previous boy, Beau, who died last July at ~14 years old iloveyou.gif His coat atypically soft+curly and consequently a major pain to maintain, thus the puppy cut!)
    459639777_P8fWz-L.jpg

Much.Fluff.

Ok, back on topic now. I promise I won't indulge in (too much) New Furbaby blether. :D
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    It's no wonder he combs his hair over his eyes..............you made him the laughing stock of the male beardies wearing that PINK heart! :D

Sam

Great photo.........and I am sorry for your loss.
  • DragonladyDragonlady Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    New Puppy
    What great pictures you captured of him!! Puppies are as hard to get pictures of as toddlers!! Nice work! Not sure you are doing this but it might help. Get an old T shirt and put it in your bed get it all nice an smelly like you then put it in the crate with him at night.
    Deb
    edited May 18, 2011
    Thanks Sam - yeah, it's always hard to lose a fur-kid, but he was a venerable old gentleman who'd lived a good life with us after we rescued him. Great, great dog who was superb with our daughter as she moved through toddlerhood and beyond. We can only hope his successor is as much fun (and based on this week, I"m pretty confident we have another winner iloveyou.gif)

DL he's actually adjusted really well and last night - grazie ai dei! - he finally slept through (except when he needed to go out) so we got a decent night. Seems that covering the top of the crate seemed to help him settled down - go figure.

Now... to get some better pictures. Yes, puppies are HARD to shoot!!! DL, those were the few decent ones among many tossers, but hey - you only need a few, right?!?!?!?

/back to regularly scheduled portrait programming
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    Incredibly cute puppy!!!

Lucky mini-D.
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited May 18, 2011
    Such a cute puppy! This is the first time in 34 years that we've been without a dog (or two) in our family, but we are traveling a bit too much to get a puppy or rescue a dog just now. I'm very happy for you and your family that you have brought this fellow into your lives!
  • Katie BethKatie Beth Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    So precious! Love his coloring and expression. Nice set. :)
    Katie
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    I agree with LLewellyn IT'S SO FLUFFY!! You know I am happy for you and LD. Picture a day project? Also in terms of the sleeping through the nite, have you tried giving him a shirt of yours or LD? I did that with both Chloe and Marty and it made a huge difference. I just slept one night in a tshirt and gave it to them. No washing no nothing.

Have fun!!!
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2011
    Cooper looks like he will make for a great friend.

Congrats on the new addition to the family!mwink.gif