Options

CSS goof with journal style galleries

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited May 16, 2011 in Bug Reporting
There's a meaningful oversight in the CSS identifiers for journal galleries. There is no way to target CSS specifically at Journal (old) style galleries because its only style identifiers are #journal and .journal and both of those apply to the newer Journal style too. Please add .journal_old to the journal (old) style so we can target CSS at only that gallery style.

Yes, I know there's .journal_new on the newer style, but that doesn't help me target CSS at only the older style.
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    I wish Smugmug would get it thru their heads that the new journal style
    gallery has nothing to do with "journal". It's a multiple single image gallery.

In a journal it's mandatory to read the story as you view a photo. The large
    photo sizes extremely hinder that.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    Allen wrote: »
    I wish Smugmug would get it thru their heads that the new journal style
    gallery has nothing to do with "journal". It's a multiple single image gallery.

In a journal it's mandatory to read the story as you view a photo. The large
    photo sizes extremely hinder that.
    I won't argue what the new journal style should or shouldn't be called, but it was a mistake to give it the exact same CSS identifiers such that there is no way to uniquely target the old journal style with CSS rules.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question