Flagler Beach Florida 5-15-11

jaharris1001jaharris1001 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
edited May 17, 2011 in Landscapes
well Ive been meaning to get back to one of my favorite spots in Florida to photograph, Flagler Beach,, this is the first time this year actually that Ive been back,, its been calling my name for quite sometime but we've had such dry weather here throughout the spring, virtually NO rain,, which means NO clouds, especially early in the morning,, whats a sunrise without some clouds ?? So we had some rain Saturday night and I was thinking Sunday would be a good day to go, as I woke it was still raining and I almost blew it off but I decided to give it a go,, you know with the rising cost of fuel these days, it cost me $40.00 to go there and back so I need to be somewhat more selective,, here are a few from Sunday morning,, with more on my Flickr page for those who are interested,, all in this series are shot with my Canon 40D, Canon 10-22 wa, tripod mounted, Singh Ray warming polarizer and a 3 stop GND filter

5727105353_4085e49a73_b.jpg
12b by jaharris1001, on Flickr

5727105927_e6fb745c3b_b.jpg
3a by jaharris1001, on Flickr

5727661352_af215b6315_b.jpg
1b by jaharris1001, on Flickr

4 I literally had what seemed like 60 seconds of this magical "bold gold" light, then the clouds shifted and it was gone,,
5727660640_a79af48e08_b.jpg
7b by jaharris1001, on Flickr
"I'm growing older,, but not up"
Jimmy Buffet

Comments

• OhiohikerOhiohiker Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
  • BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    This series is very nice! I like the momment of the water in the first photo a lot! Great stuff!
  • jaharris1001jaharris1001 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    Thank you for looking and commenting Chris and Brenton !! much appreciated !!
    Jimmy Buffet
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    Boy, #1 and #4 are just killer shots. Beautiful light, lovely reflective light, great FG and I like the shutter speed you used.
  • knapphknapph Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    My wife and I both like the last shot the best. Is that rock on the beach or concrete? The Florida I know, Amelia Island birthplace, does not have any rock on the beach and I do not remember seeing it anywhere else.
    edited May 16, 2011
    knapph wrote: »
    My wife and I both like the last shot the best. Is that rock on the beach or concrete? The Florida I know, Amelia Island birthplace, does not have any rock on the beach and I do not remember seeing it anywhere else.
    Thank you Doug and Knapp,,
    Knapp, these rocks are natural to this area, its called coquina rock, the Spanish used to use this rock to make their forts with, very durable and when it was hit by a cannonball it wouldnt explode like concrete would,, you are right though in that most ALL of Florida's beach's are swimmer/tourist friendly and very few have rocks, at least like these,,
    Thanks again for commenting guys thumb.gifthumb
    Jimmy Buffet
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,962 moderator
    edited May 16, 2011
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    Boy, #1 and #4 are just killer shots. Beautiful light, lovely reflective light, great FG and I like the shutter speed you used.

15524779-Ti.gif These are all great, but #1 and #4 are stunning! Thanks for sharing them.
  • chickendropchickendrop Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    That first shot is just epic! Very nice set. I would love to have some Florida weather to shoot in!
    edited May 17, 2011
    Thank you very kindly for the comments !!thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Chickendrop I'd like some of that San Fran weather too :ivar thumb.gif
    Jimmy Buffet