A Taste of Summer

R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
edited May 19, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Hi, it is raining (at last) so I was inside going through some of my old shots and came across this one.

5728142669_f7fb44161f_b.jpg

Thanks for looking - C&C always appreciated.

Cheers, Richard.

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    I could almost taste them! Hahaha! Very well processed, Richard. Awesome shot! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    Boy....some of these things, a little shortcake, and a glass of milk. I'd be in hog heaven.

Good work, here.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    Um.... If someone has a spare computer monitor I could use it. My wife took a bite out of mine trying to taste the strawberries....... :(
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    I could almost taste them! Hahaha! Very well processed, Richard. Awesome shot! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif

Hi Jiro, home grown always tastes better :D Thanks for looking in and your comment - glad you liked the shot.

Cheers, Richard.
    edited May 17, 2011
    Boy....some of these things, a little shortcake, and a glass of milk. I'd be in hog heaven.

Good work, here.

Tom

Hi Tom, It's the simple things in life that bring the most pleasure :D

Cheers, Richard.
    edited May 17, 2011
    DJT wrote: »
    Um.... If someone has a spare computer monitor I could use it. My wife took a bite out of mine trying to taste the strawberries....... :(

O dear - should have put a warning in the title - 'strawberries for illustration purposes only' rolleyes1.gif Thanks for looking in and your nice comment.

Cheers, Richard.
  • MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    I love the colors, you know as soon as I saw this picture I wanted to paint it :)
    I can see this on a canvas and hanging in the kitchen.
    Beautiful.
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
    edited May 17, 2011
    I love the colors, you know as soon as I saw this picture I wanted to paint it :)
    I can see this on a canvas and hanging in the kitchen.
    Beautiful.

Great minds etc..... Once I had finished processing it I thought it would have made a good 'still life' subject - go for it :D

Cheers, Richard.
  • MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Great minds etc..... Once I had finished processing it I thought it would have made a good 'still life' subject - go for it :D

Cheers, Richard.

Im thinking about starting to paint again, it's been a long time, and I'm missing it...but photography has taken over my life now...lol, I have read soooo many books, and I'm constantly schooling myself on photoshop2 and 5 and lightroom...I have so much to learn that I dont have time for anything else...but I do in fact think I am going to do this painting! I need to remind myself not to tie down to one art form. lol
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    HI Richard.......I really like this oneclap.gif color, composition & lighting you nailed it....thumb.gif
    edited May 19, 2011
    Azzaro wrote: »
    HI Richard.......I really like this oneclap.gif color, composition & lighting you nailed it....thumb.gif

Hi Gary, thank you very much for your positive feedback - it's much appreciated. It's amazing what you find in the archives :D

Cheers, Richard.