Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS Mega-Challenge #12 (Withered, Weathered or Worn) CLOSED

sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
edited May 30, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are eligible to enter this round (see below) you are not eligible to enter round #77

Welcome to number 12 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Mega-Challenges!
This contest will run from Monday, May 16th, 10:00pm PST time (GMT -7) on through Monday, May 30th, 10:00pm PST time (GMT -7).

Your theme ready for wide open interpretation: Withered, Weathered or Worn

It is important not to use any of the theme words in your title for this round.

There are no editing restrictions for this round.

Your Judge:
1 round 72 Hour Public Vote.

The contest is open to the following eligible photographers ONLY:

Chandlerja
konomaniac
bbjones
photo-bug
sweetharmony
Todd 1988
sapphire73
dnie
Kolibri
JamesVernacotola
PhotoMuse
SimpsonBrothers
cromwell
JAG
GretaPics
billseye
lizzard_nyc
lkbart
WhatSheSaw
Jenn
Molotov Everything
MammaPaparazza
tinamarie52
ghinson
Froch

Click here for the DSS Mega-Challenge #12 ENTRY GALLERY

Remember, 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period.
Please read the DGrin Sharp Shooters Challenge Rules.
All official stuff (entry thread link, etc.) are here.

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    So much to shoot, so little time. :D

I am looking forward to some great entries.
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    I'm still THINKING! Everything I look at I ask myself ... does it fit this challenge. (still looking)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    clap.gif Love it!
    I know exactly what I want to do... now to see if I can pull it off (and before someone else!) mwink.gif
    But I can think of numerous possibilites!
  • Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    I'm in heaven, or Shangri La for this challenge.

I only wish I had a 24mm f/1.4L for what I want to do. I'll just have to learn to love the vignette on my 28mm.

Thanks for the challenge subject.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    Terrific topic - working on first ideas but as usual I start seeing the possibilities everywhere. Love the "process" that comes with participating in these challenges...thanks, GP
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    Jenn wrote: »
    I'm still THINKING! Everything I look at I ask myself ... does it fit this challenge. (still looking)

The answer is yes! Now get out there and shoot. :D
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2011
    ok I'm shaking in my boots now! Everyone is so good at this.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    I'm in the process of trying to upload my entry. It should be there in about a half hour ;)

My problem, is that I'm on satellite internet till at least Wednesday and I can't really upload/download anything more data intensive than text. I'm uploading my images by driving down a dirt road till I can see a microwave tower and tethering my phone to my computer, this works, but it's really slow, and I'm coming up on my throttle down data limit (unlimited data plan != unlimited data at maximum speed). My challenge entry is a 196 image stack. I'm made sure that the exif from the last image is attached to my entry image, and I'm uploaded that image to my smugmug account and I can link it with my challenge entry, but there is no way I can upload the exif/images for the remainder of my stack.

Is this going to be ok, or will it disqualify me? If necessary, I can really subsample the image stack, down to the kb level, and post all the images, just to show the exif, although the images will just be small thumbnails. I won't be able to do that until after challenge closure time, though.

Thanks
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2011
    kolibri wrote: »
    Is this going to be ok, or will it disqualify me?

You say it is an image stack. This leads me to believe that it is a locked down tripod image consisting of multiple exposures. Very similar to what you would do to create an HDR image. If this is the case then the embedded EXIF will suffice. Where it is a stack of different scenes taken from several locations, is where multiple EXIF info is important.

EDIT: I checked and your image is indeed now uploaded. You will be fine with the included EXIF info. Thank you for checking!
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited May 30, 2011
    Thank you, Sean! I'll leave it to Smug Mug this time around. I just posting a variation of this question (after searching dgrin) in the general discussion thread because I thought it might be easier for others to find it there. (I was going to come back and delete it here.) Do you want to post your answer there, too?

Gretchen
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2011
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    Thank you, Sean! I'll leave it to Smug Mug this time around. I just posting a variation of this question (after searching dgrin) in the general discussion thread because I thought it might be easier for others to find it there. (I was going to come back and delete it here.) Do you want to post your answer there, too?

Gretchen

I moved all of the discussion to general discussion for you :D
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited May 30, 2011
    Got it. Thanks!