Layers on the Coast - does this work?

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited May 18, 2011 in Landscapes
We've had miserable weather in New England for several weeks and I ventured out during some recent fog/rains to the beach to shoot. There is a view of three jutting bits of land that I've wanted to shoot as a classic layer and thought the elements would be in place with the conditions. Color didn't work well so went with b/w. What do you think - does this 'work'? If not, suggestions on a better composition or conditions under which to shoot it?
Thanks in advance

i-M8FGjWW-XL.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    I like this composition! It's tough to compose panos but I really, really like how the subject is really busy on the right but gets progressively more abstract as the eye travels left. If anything, the lack of anything in the sky is the most noticeable nit, but I understand how blank the sky is during that sort of weather.

Lately I've been so fascinated with maritime history and culture. I really, really hope to be able to explore the NE coast in the next few years.
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    Thanks Schmoo. I'm trying for the classic layers of mountains but to do it along the coast.
    I wonder if I need to wait for some denser fog here to get the effect or very directional light (ie sunrise with some seamist going).
    Appreciate your time and would love to hear from anyone else who has been successful with the type of image I'm looking for.
  • ashruggedashrugged Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    I like the composition also. just too much grey flat sky to be a wall hanger. I would like to see this scene in big, big weather, Monster waves crashing on the rocks, with windblown water spraying on the houses. A little more zoom to really show the water crash on the rocks. It's a great scene.