For Jiro

MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
edited May 18, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
This is a picture I took on a compact point and shoot (and these are not done up in photoshop)...while the paid photographer was taking pictures of the groomsmen standing around smoking and looking useless...lol
talk about stealing the moment...the one with my sister in law- I set it up and told the photographer to take the picture. Although I missed a spot of her dress, I gave her these pics and she was happy because it's all she has now.
(also, this was 7 years ago...or close to it, and I loved taking pictures...i'm hoping i'm improving with age and wisdom and also a DSLR. lol)

IMG_1153.JPG
IMG_1165.JPG
IMG_1160.JPG
Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)

Comments

• MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    Here is one redone in photoshop.
    1165krypto.jpg
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    Nice! Talk about wedding shots. Hahaha! I think this kind of work is the hardest among the photographic discipline, too many things that can go wrong. I have high respects to wedding fotogs who does this stuff for a living.

On #1 I wish you did not crop the dress of the girl because the moment was so nice and the expression was priceless.

On #2, again a very lovely scene but the crop was too abrupt. If this was done on a portrait mode, You would have beaten the pro fotog with just this one shot. Hahaha! I'm just joking (Is it not the thing that we novice do to irritate the pros once in a while? )

On #3, Almost perfect except for the chopped wedding dress. But hey, a shot is a shot and this could have been forgotten if not for your mighty cheap camera on hand. Hehehe.

Awesome! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
    edited May 17, 2011
    Ha! again...it isn't croppped, it was out of the camera like that, while the photographer was busy setting us braidsmaids up on the bridge I zoomed in with the point and shoot rolleyes1.gif...well, in the one in photoshop I cropped off the left side of pic...but thats just how they happened..lol..but now I know better rolleyes1.gif
    I recently did a bridal shoot, and the bride was thrilled, which made all my hard FREE work worth while! lol
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited May 17, 2011
    Pretty darn good set for "stolen" snapshots. thumb.gif
    edited May 18, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Pretty darn good set for "stolen" snapshots. thumb.gif

LMAO...I know right? but really...the photographer wasn't taking these pictures!!! I told my nephew and my sister in laws neice to play hide and seek around that tree, because it just looked like a perfect place to take such a picture...and really...she was taking pictures of NOTHING.... ne_nau.gif
    so...really, these are my shots, and too bad for her for missing them...she did however get the pics of Jenn and the flowers around her dress...too bad she never gave them her pics, because mine weren't great, and I didnt' have photoshop or lightroom back then let alone a nice camera.
    Jenn and my brother were very happy to have even these :)
  • FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    edited May 18, 2011
    FlyNavy wrote: »
    #1 is wonderful!

Grazi :D