The Young and The Adult.

jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
edited May 18, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
After I've taken some shots of the Galapagos Turtles, I saw this father and daughter on the other side where me and my kids were located. I really want to take a shot due to their differing interests inside the Zoo. The little girl wants to play while daddy is probably texting or playing some games on his high tech phone. I walked around, looking for a good perspective to frame the shot while keeping myself inconspicuous. Finally, I was able to take a shot and this was it. Thank you very much for viewing.

5730680135_f76a70c61e_b.jpg

Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens at 56mm, Exposure at ISO 640, f4.5 at 1/500 second, Matrix Metering in Manual Mode. Color processed in Lightroom 3.
Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    I'm really enjoying your 'zoo' series. The simple and the high tech! :) I know what you mean about being inconspicuous. I have missed many opportunities because I don't have the courage to take a 'people' photo of their front and I don't have the courage to ask...plus loose the moment. I think your angle is great; it shows whats going on!thumb.gif
  • kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    I've always been afraid to photo strangers as well... or children at play in public, part of me worries the parents would think I'm a pedophile or stalker or something else bad... nice moment and capture by you though.
    Sony Alpha SLT-A35 16.5 MP DSLR
    Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 F/4.5-5.6
    Minolta AF Zoom 35-70 F/3.5-4.5
    Places I post my work DeviantArt & FLICKR
  • MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    It certainly captures the moment! Hope the mom doesn't see it, and think the girl wasn't being taken care of properly! lol
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    Hi Jiro, you certainly captured a 'moment in time' here. I wonder if the animals were disappointed at loosing their attention :D

Cheers, Richard.
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    Eia wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying your 'zoo' series. The simple and the high tech! :) I know what you mean about being inconspicuous. I have missed many opportunities because I don't have the courage to take a 'people' photo of their front and I don't have the courage to ask...plus loose the moment. I think your angle is great; it shows whats going on!thumb.gif

Thank you very much, Eia. Give it a try. Sometimes all it takes is a simple smile from your side to connect, although most of the time my street shots are really stolen ones. Hehehe. thumb.gif

edited May 17, 2011
    kithylin wrote: »
    I've always been afraid to photo strangers as well... or children at play in public, part of me worries the parents would think I'm a pedophile or stalker or something else bad... nice moment and capture by you though.

I understand what you mean, specially when kids are involved in the shot. If you remember, I posted a shot involving kids playing Tug Of War during their Field Day event. One Middle Aged woman actually patted me at the back and asked "Why are you photographing them?" I did not recognize her if she's a teacher from the school where my kid is studying so I politely told her "Well, they seem to be having fun and I simply want to capture that nice moment and their expressions on camera." Then I introduced myself as one of the parent of the kids playing at the park. She still look doubtful (maybe she has the same idea that we are bad photographing kids) so I told her "Oh, by the way I am showing these photos to the principal so the school can use them for a slide show presentation. I think that made her stop doubting me. Besides, I am regular parent with a camera every time there's a school program. Photographing kids at play is a good practice to hone my timing skills and image composition on taking a shot. :Dthumb.gif

edited May 17, 2011
    It certainly captures the moment! Hope the mom doesn't see it, and think the girl wasn't being taken care of properly! lol

I did not see any Mom while we were with these 2 for about 20 minutes so I guess it's just the two of them. Funny thing is, all the while the dad just do his thing on the phone the whole time. headscratch.gif

edited May 17, 2011
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Hi Jiro, you certainly captured a 'moment in time' here. I wonder if the animals were disappointed at loosing their attention :D

Cheers, Richard.

Thanks, Richard. The other 3 giant turtles simply hid in their artificial shelter maybe because nobody is interested to see them anymore. How can they compete with facebook and twitter nowadays? Hahaha! thumb.gif

edited May 18, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    I did not see any Mom while we were with these 2 for about 20 minutes so I guess it's just the two of them. Funny thing is, all the while the dad just do his thing on the phone the whole time. headscratch.gif

piss poor father! lol
    Guess I'm just old school, don't bring your kid to the zoo so you can text and talk on the phone. Society is getting scary.
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    piss poor father! lol
    Guess I'm just old school, don't bring your kid to the zoo so you can text and talk on the phone. Society is getting scary.

And people wonder why child abductions are on the rise lately.....eek7.gif
    Sony Alpha SLT-A35 16.5 MP DSLR
    Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 F/4.5-5.6
    Minolta AF Zoom 35-70 F/3.5-4.5
    Places I post my work DeviantArt & FLICKR
    edited May 18, 2011
    kithylin wrote: »
    And people wonder why child abductions are on the rise lately.....eek7.gif

For real right?!
    headscratch.gif uhhhh watch your kids, dont' text!
    but really Jiro...great pic! lol