Options

Software

Walker40Walker40 Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited May 19, 2011 in Finishing School
What software does everyone use? I am currently using Corel Paintshop and thinking about changing.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,903 moderator
    edited May 17, 2011
    I moved this to the Finishing School forum where you'll find other, similar, discussions.

I use Adobe ACR/Photoshop CS4 for most of my "heavy lifting" (i.e. serious image processing).
    (I have Neat Image installed for noise reduction and PictoColor iCorrect Portrait installed for blackpoint automation as well as flesh tone color control.)

I also use:

IrfanView (freeware)
    RAWTherapee (freeware)
    FastStone (freeware and donationware)
    GIMP (freeware)
    Picasa (freeware)

I do still have Corel PhotoPaint 9 installed on an older machine and it's not bad.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2011
    Thanks Ziggy!
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited May 17, 2011
    Many folks use Lightroom 3 as their primary global editor, as do I. Some prefer Aperture.

I have CS4 and CS5 as well on my desktop computer, and several plug ins for Photoshop as well.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    To the OP, what is is that you want to do that your current software doesn't let you?

When doing software changes, you need to really look at your workflow current state, what your desired future state is, what the gap between them is, and what software would be needed to help you move to future state.

For me, the biggest "gap" (depending on your version of Paintshop) is likely image management, raw conversion support, and possibly training/documentation and plugin support. You may identify other issues that you are concerned with.
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2011
    It ia Corel Paintshop Pro X2.
  • Options
    RoyboyProductionsRoyboyProductions Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited May 19, 2011
    I use Nikon's ViewNX 2 to add GPS & basic metadata, then Aperture to do the majority of my editing. Photoshop CS4 for more intensive editing. I am thinking about replacing Aperture with Lightroom when I get my new macbook later this year.