Bombay Beach Rework

kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
edited May 19, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I had a little fun this morning by adding a bit of creative editing to a shot from last year. First time doing anything like this, so I thought I'd put it out there.

i-GvXRCqC-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking and any comments you may have.

-joel

Comments

• kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    I really like this, this is cool! :)
    Sony Alpha SLT-A35 16.5 MP DSLR
    Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 F/4.5-5.6
    Minolta AF Zoom 35-70 F/3.5-4.5
    Places I post my work DeviantArt & FLICKR
  • MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    Love it!
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 17, 2011
    Very cool, Joel. I don't recall seeing this shot before, but I'm guessing that you added the reflection in the monitor. It would have been cool even without it. I would take it just a little bit farther, though, and do an OOB effect so that her leg and foot are extending out of the screen. Just a suggestion. ne_nau.gif
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    Cool idea and nice execution. clap.gifclapclap.gif

Sam
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    The exposure is simply... SPOT ON! Stellar and very Artistic! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
  • newbnewb Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    I like it, but I think maybe adding some noise to the picture in the monitor would be cool. Just my opinion though. Either way, very nice.
    D7000/D5000 | Nikkor Glass | SB600's | RF602's | CS5/LR3
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited May 18, 2011
    kithylin wrote: »
    I really like this, this is cool! :)
    Thanks! :D

Love it!
    Thanks, Mamma. :D

Richard wrote: »
    Very cool, Joel. I don't recall seeing this shot before, but I'm guessing that you added the reflection in the monitor. It would have been cool even without it. I would take it just a little bit farther, though, and do an OOB effect so that her leg and foot are extending out of the screen. Just a suggestion. ne_nau.gif
    Thanks, Richard. It was from a series I posted in either people or figure. Some of the shots are R rated. This is the first photo-composition (albeit very minor) that I've posted.

You nailed it. I added the reflection. I actually wanted it to look like a monitor image, not a reflection. Flipping it horizontally was probably the wrong call. The OOB occured to me as soon as I stepped back to admire my work. My skills aren't quite there yet, so I'll save it for another iteration. Appreciate you taking the time to comment. thumb.gif
    Sam wrote: »
    Cool idea and nice execution. clap.gifclapclap.gif

Sam
    Thanks, Sam! I'm glad you liked the shot. thumb.gif

jiro wrote: »
    The exposure is simply... SPOT ON! Stellar and very Artistic! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Wow, thanks, Jiro. That's very kind of you to say. bowdown.gif
    FlyNavy wrote: »
    Excellent work!!
    Thank you.
    newb wrote: »
    I like it, but I think maybe adding some noise to the picture in the monitor would be cool. Just my opinion though. Either way, very nice.
    Yes! I tried reducing contrast and a couple of other things, but noise is exactly what's needed there. Thanks for the tip!

Cheers,
    -joel
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited May 18, 2011
    I appreciate all the interest in this thread. Here are a couple of other shots from this shoot.

1069915653_dZQBZ-XL.jpg

1064038480_yrv4S-XL-2.jpg
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    Hi Joel.....That is a great shot!!!!! ..... :D
  • MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    I like them all, but the last one, the way the feet are distorted just bothers me, and I can't really tell you why. I guess I hold my standards in tune with classic pin up modeling...but otherwise...the shots are edgy and the processing is great!
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)