• Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    sherstone wrote: »
    really?

Come on, I am sure we could be out taking pictures vs. typing dots eek7.gif

!
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited May 19, 2011
    We've been getting drenched here in Pennsylvania, so hard to get out and take photos just now. Hard to wrap my head around participating in a mega, but will try. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    Molotov EverythingMolotov Everything Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    I just dropped $40 on a prop for my photo. I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow or saturday when I'll actually have time to shoot but it'll probably show up in the middle of the week when I won't have any time in the daylight to use it. Then again, it's rained for like 78 straight days so maybe I shouldn't count on daylight for this photo regardless.
  • Options
    bbjonesbbjones Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    I just dropped $40 on a prop for my photo. I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow or saturday when I'll actually have time to shoot but it'll probably show up in the middle of the week when I won't have any time in the daylight to use it. Then again, it's rained for like 78 straight days so maybe I shouldn't count on daylight for this photo regardless.

Wow! That's dedication! Buying a new prop and wearing it out in time to get the photo in for the challenge!
    :D
    The goal of my photography is is the effective, original communication of a feeling expressing truth, beauty, or love.

www.photographyjones.com
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2011
    bbjones wrote: »
    Wow! That's dedication! Buying a new prop and wearing it out in time to get the photo in for the challenge!
    :D

Let me just say as an engineer who's put hundreds of hours of work in to building prototypes specifically for the purpose of finding ways to destroy those prototypes, simulating aging on this prop is one of the easiest parts of my idea for this composition. I'm just really hoping the end result conveys both the idea I'm going for and how much effort I'm putting in to it.
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2011
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Just got this email like a week after I ordered the prop I wanted...
    "we have run out of stock of item 6835. We ordered more from our manufacture and unfortunately they have also run out of stock. The item is expected to be available early July."

GAH that's infuriating. Bad enough that it's back ordered till July, but they wait a week to tell me? Now I cant even order something, it won't get here in time.
  • Options
    Mathieu05Mathieu05 Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2011
    Can i enter in this challenge?
    Chris Odchigue | Photography

“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.”
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2011
    Mathieu05 wrote: »
    Can i enter in this challenge?

You are welcome to enter Round 77 located here.
    The mega is only for top 5 placers of the regular rounds. :D