epiphany

2»

Comments

• Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2011
    jhefti wrote: »
    Thanks Matt; it's good to hear that! That's pretty much what I do as well. After enough tries, I get the feel of where to set the exposure. And certainly agree that the lighting is the most important part!
    I guess I should caveat that, "winging it" also involves having shot thousands of images, and thinking very intuitively in each lighting condition. After a while, "A few tries" should only be one or two. If you've been shooting for years and still can't get 90% of your exposures right within one or two test shots, you're "winging it" just a little too much, Laughing.gif!

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    wave5 wrote: »
    all this time i thought my camera was poor compare to other photographer's cameras

i only bought sony camera because i was more familiar with the brand than nikon or canon

anywya after 1 year of completely losign worth in it
    i got an epiphany
    my camera sony a350 is AMAZING
    i broke the 18-70 lens of it and i got the 50mm one and I LOVE IT!!
    it takes amazing photos..

anyway i thought my photos would look more "vibrant" and "sharp" from nikon or cannon or any big class camera
    they still dont look "vibrant" or sharp with sony
    i have to meddle with the settings

moral of story: learn the options and settings of ur camera
    and dont get discouraged from nikon and cannon users who always show off and say their camera is awesome

I iloveyou.gif sony a350

ps: to all canon and nikon users dont get mad at me
    in a way i said u guys r awesome

my original quote for you all:
    tis not the camera but the eye behind it that is amazing (wave5)

(Mod edit for language.)

rolleyes1.gifever hear this quote? "RTFM" ?
    (Read the F'in manual)....
    how do people ever get anything to work? rolleyes1.gif
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    I guess I should caveat that, "winging it" also involves having shot thousands of images, and thinking very intuitively in each lighting condition. After a while, "A few tries" should only be one or two. If you've been shooting for years and still can't get 90% of your exposures right within one or two test shots, you're "winging it" just a little too much, Laughing.gif!

=Matt=

Understood!