Equal Rights Shoot

Dr TDr T Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited May 21, 2011 in People
Here is an interesting set I did last weekend. It wasn't my original idea it was my friends concepts. He is a beginning photographer so I came along to help him.

You can see the whole gallery http://smu.gs/iTgsnI

i-TzjCBHN-L.jpg

i-Lvj2BdS-L.jpg

i-FgrTdm7-L.jpg

i-QQnbb44-L.jpg

i-HSzKv7t-L.jpg
Slow down and get the shot,
Dr. T
Canon 5D, 75-300 f/4-5.6, 28-75 f/2.8, 50 f/1.8, Lensbaby
|Blog|Twitter|Facebook|

Comments

• metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    Interesting and provocative set. I wish the eyes were sharper in #2.

I'm a little unsure I how I feel about the use of the American flag in the first one. I'm sure the intent was to perhaps be unsettling, in which case the photo succeeded - but perhaps not for its intended reason. I also found the image of the flag touching the ground (in the gallery) to not be to my taste as well.
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    I think you have succeeded in keeping the gap of understanding pretty wide instead of bringing people closer. As Met pointed out, if you wanted to make unsettling pics you and your friend succeeded, but not for the reasons you intended.
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2011
    Photographically speaking the album did a lot of things right and a some things wrong. I'm guessing I would be jealous of the space and equipment you are working with. It looks like it could accomodate quite a few folks and the lighting set up was really nice.

As to the content, number 1 is my favorite. I looked through the album and it does look like it was just a fun experimental shoot with a bunch of willing contestants. I guess as a whole album a lot of the shots would make a statement together but individually wouldn't make a lot of sense. Number 1 on the other hand can clearly stand on it's own and makes a pretty clear statement. I'm pretty patriotic but the use of the flag in this instance isn't intended to be derogatory so I'm not gonna hold it against you :D

The shoot on whole-- I'm guessing it was a lot of fun. (Ok, the one of the 3 guys--number 31 I think--funny,funny)
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/