Gallery doesn't Appear:

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited May 19, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
DAMAGE CONTROL:

I covered an event and had 200 images in a gallery for the client to see. I left the RED THUMBS and GREEN THUMBS feature turned on and the client used this (worthless) feature to select her favorite in the POWER ACCOUNT. There is no place for me to tally these things and I told her during the weeknd and i have not heard from her in 4 days...she is I am sure very dissappointed in my wacky website.

I have since ( 2 hours ago) upgradeable to PRO. When setting up this gig the gallery I shot will not appear from YOUR PHOTOSHOOTS in to the event to choose from.

All I want is a secure area the MAIN client can visit and HEART her selections.

Will the guest and family have access to this same area?

I want an area she can look and select and another where the famdamily can buy ...

I hope this is what i can do with the PRO account.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    Glad you upgraded to Pro level, our events feature is exactly what you need for this type of activity - you can decide, when setting up the event, to make it private, public, passworded, etc. You decide if they must register or not - and you control who gets the event email :)http://www.smugmug.com/help/event-marketing has all the info on this feature. After reading it, holler here with questions, thanks!
  • vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Glad you upgraded to Pro level, our events feature is exactly what you need for this type of activity - you can decide, when setting up the event, to make it private, public, passworded, etc. You decide if they must register or not - and you control who gets the event email :)http://www.smugmug.com/help/event-marketing has all the info on this feature. After reading it, holler here with questions, thanks!

Thanks ANDY...I read through that earlier.... wondering why when I go to choose GALLERY, it doesn't appear. ALSO

If I had an existing gallery, do I just add that URL when managing ? okay that doesn't work...

I went back and saw EVENT FAVORITES and this is what I created an hour ago but it has ZERO images in it.

thanks
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    When you add a gallery in the Events Management page you need to click on the "Add" button, then click on the gallery/ies you want to add, click OK then click on Save. The galleries will not stay in the Event if you do not click on Save.

You've already added a participant. They need to enter the Event through the Personal Page link. When they enter through that link there will be hearts under the photos. They need to click the hearts to add photos as their favorites.

You need to enter a price of 0.00 for products that you do not want to sell. When you do that they will no longer show up in the cart. http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing. If you leave the price empty they will be available at the default pricing.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
    edited May 19, 2011
    gluwater wrote: »
    When you add a gallery in the Events Management page you need to click on the "Add" button, then click on the gallery/ies you want to add, click OK then click on Save. The galleries will not stay in the Event if you do not click on Save.

This is the problem. UPDATE: I AM STARTING TO RELAX A BIT NOW....THANKS...I THINK I AM FEELING MUCH BETTER THANK YOU...

• I click ADD.
    a Choose a category, the gallery does not appear in the category. UPDATE: THE GALLERIES SEEM TO UPDATE AS YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE CATEGORY BUT VERY VERY SLOWLY. OKAY THE GALLERY APPEARED. JEEZ LOUISE!!!

• The package PRICES DO NOT appear IN THE gallery. UPDATE: WHEN CHOOSING GALLERIES THERE IS AN ALARMING DELAY UNTIL THE GALLERY SELECTIONS LOAD......
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    It sounds like you may have an issue with your connection that is causing the gallery picker to load very slowly. You shouldn't be seeing long delays like you are.

Can you run this test and let me know when you've run it?
    http://smugmug.com/test/line-quality/
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
    edited May 19, 2011
    gluwater wrote: »
    It sounds like you may have an issue with your connection that is causing the gallery picker to load very slowly. You shouldn't be seeing long delays like you are.

Can you run this test and let me know when you've run it?
    http://smugmug.com/test/line-quality/

well it certainly isn't instantaneous or nearly so...all other aspects seem to work alright. I got the packages to display. but it seem snow when i go back the prices are not the default.

This is mostlikely user error....

I am working against the clock before the client visits this thing again.
    edited May 19, 2011
    vdotmatrix wrote: »
    well it certainly isn't instantaneous or nearly so...all other aspects seem to work alright. I got the packages to display. but it seem snow when i go back the prices are not the default.

This is mostlikely user error....

I am working against the clock before the client visits this thing again.
    Another thing that is driving me crazy: DOWNLOADS.

I entered prices fpr prints and albums but when in the gallery in public view the album downlaods do not appear.