Green, Green Grass of Home

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited May 20, 2011 in Landscapes
I pumped up the saturation (in camera) with sharpening. Is it too much? I think it looks good in a sepia tone too. I think either lots of color or dramatically low color for this simplistic scene. When I drove by this the color green jumped out due to the rains and the warmth coming so I really wanted to convey life since the trees were not quite budded out yet. It's simplistic really...other than the field (which attracted me). C & C appreciated.

DSC3130a-XL.jpg

Comments

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    Eia, I like this, and I'm quick to find images oversaturated, so I don't think you overdid it. I like the composition very much. Is that a fire on the other side of the hill?
  • paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    I agree with Cornflake, and I also am quick to find images oversaturated.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2011
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Eia, I like this, and I'm quick to find images oversaturated, so I don't think you overdid it. I like the composition very much. Is that a fire on the other side of the hill?

Thanks much for the comment. There is a river just over the last hill. Along that river is a power plant. That is steam coming from their stack.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2011
    paddler4 wrote: »
    I agree with Cornflake, and I also am quick to find images oversaturated.

Thanks much for the comment! After all the rain the ground was sure 'saturated' but with water. :D