Free downloads

dswfotodswfoto Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited June 15, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there a way to offer free downloads of files aside from telling the user to right click and save an image?

Comments

• SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2011
    I think others have found a way to do it via the digital downloads option, but there's a quirk on zero-cost orders where it still asks for a credit card to complete the order, even when not charging.

Users are used to right-clicking and taking images, so this shouldn't be a real issue.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2011
    dswfoto wrote: »
    Is there a way to offer free downloads of files aside from telling the user to right click and save an image?

You can also initiate a "Download All" command as the gallery owner. That will provide you with a link to a zip file you can then forward to your client if you want. It is all originals unwatermarked. More info is available here http://www.smugmug.com/help/backups
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • dswfotodswfoto Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited June 13, 2011
    Thank you all for the help! It appears that it's now easier to turn on free downloading than it was before. I knew we couldn't do it a year ago. Glad someone listened!
  • David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    You can also initiate a "Download All" command as the gallery owner. That will provide you with a link to a zip file you can then forward to your client if you want. It is all originals unwatermarked. More info is available here http://www.smugmug.com/help/backups

Is there a size issue for the gallery download zip file?? I have not gotten emails for some galleries to be downloaded lately and can't figure out why and your heros can't either..
    edited June 14, 2011
    Is there a size issue for the gallery download zip file?? I have not gotten emails for some galleries to be downloaded lately and can't figure out why and your heros can't either..
    I'm glad someone else is having this issue. I've been having this problem for the last few weeks, but the heros deny it's an issue.
  • David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2011
    SamirD wrote: »
    I'm glad someone else is having this issue. I've been having this problem for the last few weeks, but the heros deny it's an issue.

They know it is an issue now.. Thanks for posting..
    edited June 15, 2011
    They know it is an issue now.. Thanks for posting..
    Well, not necessarily. It took me and another user bringing up the overotating image issue for over a year before it was looked into, and months before it was fixed.

I'm about to drop download all from my workflow. It's too broken for me to use it anymore and I think it would be easier for me to revert back to my older, slower system.