Options

Re-numbering a batch of photos

KlausKlaus Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited May 20, 2011 in Finishing School
Hi All...

This is my first post here. I just got back from Mt. McKinley in Alaska. I shot about 1100 photos. After shooting about 500 photos (simultaneous NEF and jpeg) the numbering went from DSC_9999 to DSC_0001 and made a new folder to store the numbers from then on.

Does anybody know of a quick way to renumber about 500+ photos (over 1000 if you include the NEF and jpeg versions of the same photo)? I would like to view them all in order. I can renumber all photos or add the number "1" in front of the second half of photos.

Any advice from you folks out there would be very much appreciated!!!

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    yes it can be done in Photoshop bridge you do a batch rename......I am not usre if it will tell the difference between the jpgs and raws....so you might want to run them separately or just try say the 1st ten....but do not try to rename the originals...make a copy of the 1st ten and that way nothing lost but a bit of time.....

Good Luck
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    KlausKlaus Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 20, 2011
    Art Scott wrote: »
    yes it can be done in Photoshop bridge you do a batch rename......I am not usre if it will tell the difference between the jpgs and raws....so you might want to run them separately or just try say the 1st ten....but do not try to rename the originals...make a copy of the 1st ten and that way nothing lost but a bit of time.....

Good Luck
    Thanks Art... that did the trick. Adobe Bridge CS5 automatically detected the different file types and renamed everything appropriately. The only hiccup was a couple videos I shot. It put them at the end of the batch for some reason but I can live with that!