Can you put galleries inside an event?

kevingearykevingeary Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
edited May 24, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Can you make galleries within an event?

Or at the minimum, make a gallery that has sub-galleries?

Comments

• TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2011
    kevingeary wrote: »

Hi Kevin,

Even after an event is created, you will easily be able to add galleries to the event, but not make galleries from within the event.

You would have to go into the Event Manager in your Pros Tab and add the gallery or galleries you would like included.

Also, there is not a way to make sub-galleries. This is definitely noted by our team and as always we are trying to accommodate as many folks as possible at any given time. If you don't mind, add your comments and votes here so we can bump up the ratings on this awesome request.

Let us know if you have further questions.

-Kevin Wilson
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • kevingearykevingeary Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2011
    Hi Kevin,

Even after an event is created, you will easily be able to add galleries to the event, but not make galleries from within the event.

You would have to go into the Event Manager in your Pros Tab and add the gallery or galleries you would like included.

Also, there is not a way to make sub-galleries. This is definitely noted by our team and as always we are trying to accommodate as many folks as possible at any given time. If you don't mind, add your comments and votes here so we can bump up the ratings on this awesome request.

Let us know if you have further questions.

-Kevin Wilson
    SmugMug Support Hero

Thanks. Can the galleries within an event be password protected?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2011
    Thanks. Can the galleries within an event be password protected?

you bet they can - just go try it - the option is there thumb.gif
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2011

You may also just be interested in categories which are the simplest form of grouping like galleries onto a page: http://1crazynite.smugmug.com/help/arrange-albums and http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-photo. You don't have to use events for that unless you want the other capabilities of events.

For example, here's a category of mine: http://jfriend.smugmug.com/Kenya.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • MT StringerMT Stringer Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2011
    My website is pretty simple. I found that I had to place an event on the home page if I wanted categories and galleries.
    Check out my website. You will notice I have a softball tournament (Texas Peppers All Star Softball Tournament 2010) on the main page. That was so I could have categories for the age brackets, then the games in galleries.
    Hope this helps.

www.mtstringer.smugmug.com
    Please visit my website: www.mtstringer.smugmug.com
    My Portfolio
    MaxPreps Profile

Canon EOS 1D MK III and 7d; Canon 100 f/2.0; Canon 17-40 f/4; Canon 24-70 f/2.8; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS; Canon 300 f/2.8L IS; Canon 1.4x and Sigma 2x; Sigma EF 500 DG Super and Canon 580 EX II.