Canyon

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
edited May 22, 2011 in Landscapes
Criticism is always welcome.

Molar-7-1000x1000.jpg

Comments

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2011
    richy, thanks very much for the comments. If it looks unnatural, I didn't do a very good job. I'll rethink this one.
    edited May 21, 2011
    I used a two-stop hard grad, and it's also an HDR. I'm not sure the neutral grad is entirely neutral. I haven't been using it for very long and the skies often look a bit unusual.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    Hey Cornflake, I really like setting you picked out for this compositon, the rock is very beautiful and dramatic. You also had some good clouds working for you. I do however have to agree with Richy that the HDR was a bit heavy. Did you really need to do multiple exposures for this since you were using a grad already? my thought is the rock is a bit oversaturated and the sky does not look natural. The whole image it not that far off though, it is difficult for me to put a finger on the problem.....Why not try and process this without HDR and lets see the diff.
    edited May 22, 2011
    Doug, thanks for commenting. You're right that I didn't really need to use an HDR approach on this, having used the ND grad. I just tried it and liked it, although I now suspect that my tastebuds were on vacation or drunk or numbed from having looked at the image too long. Here's the baseline shot.

Molar-21-900x900.jpg