Monday Night Football

hesaiashesaias Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
edited October 5, 2005 in Sports
Here is what photography is all about for me. As you can see, My Z1 does not let me take the quality of pics I want, but I am thinking the Digital rebel will. What can I do about the focus problem at the lower left of the second pic?

mnf1.jpg

MNF.jpg

Panther1.jpg
Scott

Canon Rebel XT
Canon 580 EX Speedlight
Canon EF 50mm f1.8
Canon EF IS 28-135mm f/3.2-5.6
Canon EFL 70-200 f/2.8
SanDisk Ultra IIs

Comments

• hesaiashesaias Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2005
    The game shots are 10X, f3.5, iso400 at about 1/260 or so That was as far as I could push it and get any decent shots. These 2 were the only good ones out of about 100 shots. :(eek7.gif
    Scott

Canon Rebel XT
    Canon 580 EX Speedlight
    Canon EF 50mm f1.8
    Canon EFL 70-200 f/2.8
    SanDisk Ultra IIs
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    I LOVE that last shot!
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    I'm new to photography but maybe a higher shutter speed ne_nau.gif
    I like the colours and no 3
    Regards
    Gary
  • ltdesignphotovideoltdesignphotovideo Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    A larger apeture would help and it would also give you the shutter speed you need to get a sharper image. Great shot of the statue outside of Erickson Stadium. My alma mater (East Carolina) played against NCSU last November there. I got the same shot just not at night. It was midday when I took it. GO PANTHERS!!!!!!
    :drums
    Lindsay Thompson
    www.grafxcreative.com
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    winger wrote:
    I LOVE that last shot!
    Me too! icon10.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    I suspect the blurring you see on the second shot is due to a shallow depth of field. You don't list it, but I suspect your camera's aperture was wide open for these shots. If so, it would be hard to imagine that the entire line would be in sharp focus.

This "problem" won't be cured with your new DSLR. This is just a photographic fact of life.
  • hesaiashesaias Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    I suspect the blurring you see on the second shot is due to a shallow depth of field. You don't list it, but I suspect your camera's aperture was wide open for these shots. If so, it would be hard to imagine that the entire line would be in sharp focus.

This "problem" won't be cured with your new DSLR. This is just a photographic fact of life.
    Dang. Thats what i figured, but wasn'r sure. My Z1 only goes to f3.5 at that zoom. Does the Cannon go below that (f2.4 maybe) and would that help any if I shot at a higher iso, like 1600 instead of 400 which is as high as I can go now?
    Scott

Canon Rebel XT
    Canon 580 EX Speedlight
    Canon EF 50mm f1.8
    Canon EFL 70-200 f/2.8
    SanDisk Ultra IIs