Options

Airplanes in flight

pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
edited July 14, 2004 in Landscapes
I went to the Air Show Sunday - weather was poor, intermittent rain, and dark clouds - but the big birds flew through it all - here are just a few of them. No art here, just warbirds and stunt flyers.

The only remaining flying B-29 Fi Fi

6085429-M.jpg

A real Thunderbolt!

6085428-M.jpg

One of the few flying B-17s "ThunderBird"

6122000-M.jpg

A Douglas SkyRaider - used for close air support in Vietnam

6085425-M.jpg

When motorcycle riding becomes TOO BORING, here is an alternative mode of travel....

6042291-M.jpg

Here is an F-16 in a very high speed turn - note the vapor trail created on the top of the wing due to the extreme pressure changes due to the turn

6085432-L.jpg

Enjoy airframe photography! - tip of the hat to Andy lickout.gif
Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2004
    awesome!
    clap.gifclap.gif

bravo, great shots. thanks for sharing
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2004
    Great shots! That F-16 one especially, must have been humid that day? That's a lot of moisture getting squeezed out of the air...

Any shots of an F-14? (my personal favorite)
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited July 13, 2004
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Great shots! That F-16 one especially, must have been humid that day? That's a lot of moisture getting squeezed out of the air...

Any shots of an F-14? (my personal favorite)
    Sorry, no F-14s at the Air Show. You are right it was VERY humid - it rained not 30 minutes before the F-16 flew - I have several frames of the vapor condensation, but they are not full frame as he was really booking when he made those turns.
    I liked the wing walker on the JET Powered biplane - the prop on the biplane is just to get it up to speed to start the jet engine.....

Here is the wing walker climbing from between the wings where he takes off, onto the top of the wing........ Notice the jet engine underneath the fuselage.

6085439-L.jpg

And one of the stunt biplanes

6123069-L.jpg
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2004
    Those are great shots, PAthfinder. The wing walker really is large on that plane, and good color contrast - by them and by you. Terrific shots, I really enjoyed them.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au