a dark, wet, May afternoon

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited May 23, 2011 in Landscapes
my daughter and i were trying to figure out something to do today, and wound up just going for a drive out Hwy 410 toward Crystal Mountain on the edge of Mt. Rainier National Park. it wasn't a very pretty day by any stretch, but i did find this little stream flowing down out of the woods into the White River a bit west of Greenwater. i think once my knee gets better, i'll throw some rubber boots in the car and go back there, and see if i can work my way a bit farther upstream... i bet there's some nice shots up there just waiting to be taken! 5D, 24-135 @ 35mm, .6 sec @ f/16

IMG_6401asm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• newbnewb Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    Very nice! At least you were able to make the best of the day. Theres also some good shooting up above Wilkison and Carbonado on the Carbon River.
    D7000/D5000 | Nikkor Glass | SB600's | RF602's | CS5/LR3
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    Beautiful, Rocky!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    thanks, peeps! and thanks for the tip, Newb... i'll have to check that area out... ;)
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • spacefuzzspacefuzz Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2011
    looks like a wonderful stream to explore!