One strobe and a softbox

Bob NBob N Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited October 11, 2005 in People
I had some fun shooting my grandsons. The oldest one wouldn't sit still very long and I only got one "useable" shot of him. Maybe I need a faster lense? Heh heh.

I shot this in RAW and played around with the exposure some. It was very over exposed to start. Tweaked and sized with Paint Shop Pro

Grandson number 1, at 2 yo yesterday...what a handful.
CRW_4821_Cor-01_sm.jpg

And here is grandson number 2, the little butter ball at about 6 months.
CRW_4838_Cor-01_crop_sm.jpg

I could have used the reflector for the right side of the picture but this works for me.

Comments

• StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    2 year-olds can be... animated, that's for sure yelrotflmao.gif

Lil' dude #2 is absolutely precious, and you did a great job.

I think I would have rotated the image (or camera) just slightly; as presented it looks like he just rolled back and is just a bit more head-down than might be 'normal' in my eye at least. Something like this gets his head up enough to give it him a slightly more cheerful look (again, to me):
    grandson7ax.jpg
  • Bob NBob N Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    StevenV wrote:
    2 year-olds can be... animated, that's for sure yelrotflmao.gif

Lil' dude #2 is absolutely precious, and you did a great job.

I think I would have rotated the image (or camera) just slightly; as presented it looks like he just rolled back and is just a bit more head-down than might be 'normal' in my eye at least. Something like this gets his head up enough to give it him a slightly more cheerful look (again, to me):
    grandson7ax.jpg
    Thanks wonderful suggestion. I need to continually watch out for the details like that. I just bought two portable flash units and can hardly wait to try them out. Also bought an exposure meter...maybe that will help me to keep from over-exposing the shots.