edited May 22, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
An old tack shop near Eastland, TX.

MG5760-XL.jpg
http://timedwardsphoto.com

Canon 40d, Tamron 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 55-250mm, Sigma 10-20mm

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    I like the nature of this shot a lot, but, for my taste, there are too many unnecessary and intruding elements. I cropped it as follows: from the top, I came down just enough to eliminate completely the partial light fixture to the top right of the door; from the left, I came in to a point just short of the door; and from the right, I came in enough to eliminate the white post on the right. You can come up from the bottom to a point adequate to maintain the proportions of the scene as you prefer them.

Having done this, I personally see a scene as powerful as the one you projected, but one more focused on the key elements. Nice job of selecting this scene as the subject of your work.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • TEdwardsTEdwards Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    I see what you mean, Tom. Comp is my biggest struggle and I try to work on that aspect everytime I shoot. Here's a redo with your suggestions and I agree it really makes the photo better! Thanks for the comments!!!

MG5760-XL.jpg
    http://timedwardsphoto.com

Canon 40d, Tamron 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 55-250mm, Sigma 10-20mm
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    Terrific!! You had a great eye for the dynamics of the scene....I feel the redo releases the power of your vision just a little better. Great job.clap.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    thumb.gif
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com