Options

Season Kick Off in Ogunquit, Maine

ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
edited May 23, 2011 in Weddings
I lurk and lurk and lurk, but, frankly, often lack the balls to post since I'm always in awe of what y'all put out there. So, I've been learning and sucking up as much information as I can in order to rock it out this season for my third year in the biz. Patrice & Aaron were hitched on the one sunny day we've had here in Maine for quite some time. Now it's supposed to be chance of rain for the next week plus (perfect for my double header next weekend. ugh!). As always C&C is appreciated.

1. Aaron was just about to lose it hardcore. Then his best man started talking Red Sox and stats and then he was laughing and trying not to cry. It was a very emotional day.
    2011-05-21008-M.jpg
  2. There ceremony location was super hard to shoot a down the aisle photo of to capture the crowd thanks to the tall and wide evergreens along the aisle. But I think this composition was better in the end.
    2011-05-21009-M.jpg
  3. Aaron was a wicked sweetie and quite obviously deeply in love with Patrice all day. It was awesome!:lust
    2011-05-21016-M.jpg
  4. This one just might be my favorite of the day. LOVED the grounds of the Farm.
    2011-05-21018-M.jpg
  5. So this one may or may not have been inspired by a certain dgrinner. What can I say? Y'all inspire me! :bow
    2011-05-21022-M.jpg
  6. Her grandfather wasn't well enough to make the trip from New York to Maine. So Aaron went to him instead and video taped him sending his best wishes to the couple. This was her reaction when he surprised her with the video. The lighting in the place was awful. I shot it with my 70-200 from a crouch on the other side of the room.
    2011-05-21029-M.jpg
  7. One last one before I bore you all to tears. I finally got in to OFC during the last season. I'm still working on my control with it, but I love using it the most during the dancing. This bridesmaid was a dancing MACHINE all day.
    2011-05-21040-M.jpg
Overall, I'm very please with the results. I have a long list of goals to accomplish this season (Better SOOC shots and, therefore, faster processing are the two biggies) and doing well with the first one has helped my faith in myself a LOT. I have two next weekend and both days, at this point, are with a chance of showers. So I'm hoping to have some cloud cover to even out the lighting like I did for the portraits from this weekend.

Thanks, in advance, for your C&C.
Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User

Comments

• Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    Be careful of background objects. The light fixture in #1 makes it appear as if the middle guy is wearing some sort of headpiece.deal.gif

Best of luck for the season!
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    I see you got lucky with the only 3 hrs of sunshine in the past 2 weeks.
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2011
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    Be careful of background objects. The light fixture in #1 makes it appear as if the middle guy is wearing some sort of headpiece.deal.gif

Best of luck for the season!

I might wind up taking it out. It was the one shot of the sequence where that happened. All of the others have it out from behind him.
    cj99si wrote: »
    I see you got lucky with the only 3 hrs of sunshine in the past 2 weeks.
    It was crazy! Really overcast when I got there. Started the day off with a sweater, but it was pretty obvious that it was going to heat up fast. The sun broke for the ceremony and then clouded over shortly after we started portraits. On my drive home, literally moments after I left, I was stuck in downpours. I'm hoping for similar luck this coming weekend.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User