Options

Just for fun....great ideas for Mega 12 that you'll never pull off

sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
edited May 23, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I just got to thinking....I love the theme of this Mega: Weathered, Withered, Worn (maybe I've got the order wrong) and a whole host of subjects popped in my head that are downright inaccessible but it would still be pretty darn neat to be able to photograph them:
1. Steps that I saw years ago at Auschwitz...they were in an office building and were so worn that each step was concave. It was chilling to think of the intense use in such a short period of time that lead to such wear and tear.
2. A mummy. How cool would that be? Perfectly on theme.
3. There was this buffalo hide that came with our house years ago. It was all sorts of damaged and loosing huge clumps of stinky hair, but I'd love to really study it through the camera lens. We pitched it, having no inkling that just the label alone was quite valuable.
4. A favorite heap of rusting cars.....however, I'm too afraid of cranky snakes now that the weather's warmed up.
5. A spacesuit that's been on the moon.
6. Petrified wood. Don't have much of that kicking around in my part of Indiana.
7. A sunken galleon.
8. One of Van Gogh's favorite paint palettes.

Anyway, anyone else have any ideas to share? You know, just for kicks.
And who knows, maybe someone here actually has access to those subjects.

Comments

• Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    Here's a couple ideas ...

... the underside of a river bridge during a storm
    ... withered flowers at a gravesite (wasn't sure I should say this or not, but the image seems it would be a strong one to me....)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2011
    I agree with you on both, Jenn....