I AM better than you...

vagabond photosvagabond photos Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited May 23, 2011 in Landscapes
I think I'm really really ridiculously good at photography. I hope you all either agree or serve me up some extreme humble pie.
.... I love pie.

Cat+Toledo.jpg
This is a cat... FROM SPAIN!

DSC_0039.jpg
This is the coast... OF FRANCE!

europe+pics+438.jpg
This is a little boy running... IN TEROUAN MOROCCO!

DSC_0134.jpg
This is a hall full of art abservers... IN PARIS!

DSC01262.jpg
These are some evening flowers... IN OAKLAND CALIFORNIA... ok that wasn't as impressive.

These photos are a bit old but I just found them today so I thought I would post them, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if someone went to my photo blog and just tell me if my portraits are good enough to start doing events...

WHAT DO YA THINK??

www.griffithjonesphotography.blogspot.com

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2011
    i trust your thread title and introduction were written with tongue firmly in cheek?

#1 - not a very strong composition. the only object of interest is the cat, and the other "stuff" in the frame detracts from that.
    #2 - some interesting color in the sky, but i can't find any part of the image that's in focus.
    #3 - potentially a good shot, but the boy's head appears "cut off", and it looks like the walls are leaning...
    #4 - this would be better as a horizontal crop. the huge expanse of skylight adds nothing, IMHO.
    #5 - the thistles add some nice foreground interest, but the backdrop is uninspiring, and the whole thing seems a bit out of focus.

in short, none of these are BAD photos, but none are particularly stellar, either... seems like the main point of your post was to tell everyone where you've traveled?
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2011
    squirl033 wrote: »
    i trust your thread title and introduction were written with tongue firmly in cheek?

#1 - not a very strong composition. the only object of interest is the cat, and the other "stuff" in the frame detracts from that.
    #2 - some interesting color in the sky, but i can't find any part of the image that's in focus.
    #3 - potentially a good shot, but the boy's head appears "cut off", and it looks like the walls are leaning...
    #4 - this would be better as a horizontal crop. the huge expanse of skylight adds nothing, IMHO.
    #5 - the thistles add some nice foreground interest, but the backdrop is uninspiring, and the whole thing seems a bit out of focus.

in short, none of these are BAD photos, but none are particularly stellar, either... seems like the main point of your post was to tell everyone where you've traveled?

15524779-Ti.gif

I think Rocky pretty well nailed it on his assessment of these photos. I see some fairly major shortcomings in each shot. I believe your greatest improvement will center around you concentrating on composition and more accurate focus. And watch for issues like the boy's missing head in that one shot.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2011
    Your 4th shot...is your best shot. And I'm guessing they're "observers". :) Great shot!
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2011
    Your 4th shot...is your best shot. And I'm guessing they're "observers". :) Great shot!

Maybe not, haven't you noticed, the French are a little different?