Options

Lightroom 3 help

TmetroffTmetroff Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited May 28, 2011 in Finishing School
How do you save your camera setting to Lightroom 3 for a PC? I use vivid alot on my Nikon D90 and when I import them into lightroom they look good, but as soon as I click on an image it dulls it down. Is there a certain Preset I need to download for the Nikon D90 setting itself or is there a way to keep it from changing the image.

Any help would be much appreciated :]

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2011
    I assume you are referring to the color and tone differences from raw files imported into LR. Keep in mind that there is a small JPEG in the raw, its what you see on the back of the camera, its what you initially see in LR. But the raw data isn’t representative of this small JPEG, its a starting point. In this case, the camera itself built the JPEG from the raw. Its proprietary processing by the camera. When LR ‘sees’ a raw, it builds its own preview based on the initial default settings you have in LR (which CAN be changed). One way to get a closer preview and initial preview that matches what the camera built is to either build a new LR default preset and/or apply a different camera profile (in the Calibration area in Develop). Once you set this, you can now produce a new LR default (alt/option click on the Reset Button and update).
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2011
    Check the Adobe website. I don't shoot Nikon, but Adobe posts profiles for LR that emulate the profiles in Canon cameras, so I assume they do the same for Nikons.
  • Options
    jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    Can you give me the link to Adobe's profiles? I am wondering if they have more than what comes with LR (default install). Thanks.
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)