Options

Constructive criticism

RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
edited October 5, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
I'd really like to hear others thoughts on recieving constructive criticism on your shots. It's nice having everyone reply "Great Shots" etc. but I feel that sometimes it would be good to hear what people don't like.

I know for myself that I really appreciate when others let me know what they don't like, but it can be a touchy subject for others.

Perhaps those of us who want to get a little more critique could add a line to their signature.

Just some thoughts. I know this is a touchy subject and I sure don't want to hurt peoples feelings. Maybe this thread should be in a different forum, but since each forum tends to have it's own "groupies" I thought I would start by posting it here for us Nature Lovers.

Sorry to ramble.

Regards,

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    Rohirrim wrote:
    I'd really like to hear others thoughts on receiving constructive criticism on your shots. It's nice having everyone reply "Great Shots" etc. but I feel that sometimes it would be good to hear what people don't like.

I know for myself that I really appreciate when others let me know what they don't like, but it can be a touchy subject for others.

Perhaps those of us who want to get a little more critique could add a line to their signature.

Just some thoughts. I know this is a touchy subject and I sure don't want to hurt peoples feelings. Maybe this thread should be in a different forum, but since each forum tends to have it's own "groupies" I thought I would start by posting it here for us Nature Lovers.

Sorry to ramble.

Regards,
    Its a good thought Steve. If anyone sees a shot and has ideas on how the shot could have been better or could be improved they should feel free to share those thoughts.

One problem is multi pic posts. Its hard to view of series of 4-6 shots and then to critique each shot. If you want more critiques I would recommend posting one shot at a time.

I don't see the need to ask for critique because that's asked for when you post a shot. If you particularly want a shot critiqued I would ask for in the post though. It would be helpful if you would post your exif data with the shot. I also find it helpful to know what the photographer was trying to capture with the shot and what conditions they were dealing with and what equipment they were using.

Also don't forget that there is a separate forum here called the "whipping post" that was created for folks to post shots they wanted critiqued.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    Rohirrim wrote:

Regards,

I think this is a great idea.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.