Just one more hug.

Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited June 1, 2011 in People
It's that time again...My DH is headed off for another deployment. We dropped him off at his Unit and I was able to get a couple of quick pictures before we left.

I am so proud of the strength and resiliency of our kids. They are used to him leaving for long periods of time for training so it will hit them in about a month. I did have to get them out of the car after their casual goodbyes to give him one more hug.

i-MZHRQGL-L.jpg

i-txKp7rk-L.jpg

While driving to school I was explaing how long a year is to Karina (she is just finishing 1st grade).

M ~ Daddy won't be back until you are done with 2nd grade.

K ~ It's a good thing I gave him two hugs.

Comments

• Got Grins?Got Grins? Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2011
    *shivers* So sweet.
    Got Grins? :D
    www.gotgrins.com
  • Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2011
    Thanks. It's hard to get your own family at times like this.
  • FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2011
    Well done Melinda. Plz, Thank him for his service from us. I showed these pics to my wife and she teared up. She knows exactly how you feel.
  • chuck54chuck54 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2011
    God bless your husband and his fellow soldiers, Melinda.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum
  • Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2011
    Thank you! I will pass your thanks on to him.
  • BrucheBruche Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited May 25, 2011
    May God Bless your Family...

Bruce
  • ubetchaubetcha Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 25, 2011
    God Bless and thank you for your service
  • cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2011
    M ~ Daddy won't be back until you are done with 2nd grade.

K ~ It's a good thing I gave him two hugs.

I have two small kids myself, and this breaks my heart. I can't imagine being away from them for that long. God bless your husband and his fellow soldiers, and all the families involved. It must be so hard, making sacrifices like this.
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project
  • VT50VT50 Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited May 25, 2011
    Almost made a grown man cry. God Bless and thank you for your service.
  • kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2011
    I like the 2nd one as there was a nice reflection
    edited May 27, 2011
    Thank you everyone. He always tells the kids that he does this so that they won't have to.

I grabbed my camera off of the seat when I realized that my son was going to give him another hug. I didn't even realize that I had gotten her reflection until I was home and going through the photos.
  • ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    I just teared up looking at these. Thank you, your family, and, of course, your husband for your service to our country. You are all very, VERY brave and courageous.
  • TEAMKENTEAMKEN Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    May God protect him, and your family., as well as all the others in harms way.
    I'll keeo him in my prayers.
    Ken
    Canon-Elinchrom-Skyports
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    Godspeed Lt. Colonel Garcia. Hooah!
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2011
    Poignant pics and story. Thanks for the service, the whole family serves not just those in the field. Safe Travels and Times.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
    edited May 29, 2011
    Poignant pics and story. Thanks for the service, the whole family serves not just those in the field. Safe Travels and Times.

Thank you. I have been passing on the messages to him when I email.
    Godspeed Lt. Colonel Garcia. Hooah!

Hooah!!
    I just teared up looking at these. Thank you, your family, and, of course, your husband for your service to our country. You are all very, VERY brave and courageous.

I went to my husband's Unit the other day to see some of the other soldiers off and it was such an emotional time. I took my camera and was able to take some photos. So many wonderful stories.
    TEAMKEN wrote: »
    May God protect him, and your family., as well as all the others in harms way.
    I'll keeo him in my prayers.
    Ken

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. They mean more to us (the families and soldiers) than most realize.
  • FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    Thanks for your husbands, and your service.
  • bobmielkebobmielke Banned Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    Ok, now you've got me crying first thing in the morning. Those are touching photos, especially on Memorial Day. My prayers are with you & his safe return.
    edited May 30, 2011
    Thank you Bob. We are thinking of many friends and past soldiers today and always. Those gone are forever in our hearts.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    Love the first one especially! May God bless your family and him. Thank you for sharing this moment!
    edited June 1, 2011
    Thank you.