Options

LR slowing to a crawl...

2»

Comments

• Options
    jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2011
    Hi Divamum
    I know what you are going through. It is very frustrating. I had the same problem as you before i wiped my laptop clean and started over a fresh. Yes the massive files of the 7D take longer to process. Here ia an example.
    Last sunday i spent from 9am until 2pm taking pictures at a vintage car run. I took raw and small jpegs. Uploaded the small jpegs to a friends laptop so all of the people could see the photos while they were eating their dinner back at the hotel after the run was over. Went home and had a good nights sleep. The next morning i spent from 1030am until 430pm editing the 560 images. Then i started to process my raw files into small jpegs for ulpoad to flickr and i got finished at 6am the next morning.
    Yes these raw files are alot bigger and time consuming. If it is any help i keep all of my images mirrored on two by one terebyte hardrives. When i cleared out my laptop and started from scratch it was like haveing a new laptop but only to discover i now need more ram as i am back to square one.
    Hope this was of help.

Regards
    Patrick.:D

Approximately how many hours did it take you to export (how many) JPGs?
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)
  • Options
    oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2011
    jchin wrote: »
    Approximately how many hours did it take you to export (how many) JPGs?

Hi
    on average it was taking my vista laptop half an hour to process every forty images in cs5 raw down to its lowest output so that i can save them in a folder that is used by a droplet in cs5 to make it even smaller again for uploading to flickr. My hardrive is nearly full and i think that this could be part of my problem. Sorry Divamum this is your tread. I bow out here.

Regards
    Patrick.:D
  • Options
    BayMareBayMare Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2011
    Patrick, did you find the source of the slowdown? I'm asking as I had downloaded a trial version of Lightroom a few weeks ago and found it was incredibly slow on this computer. Long story short, the computer had to be wiped clean to get rid of spyware. The trial version was lost in the process, so I'm not sure if this clean up would have helped. Maybe I am wrong, but I doubt whether I could download another trial of the same product. At the moment, I have a 30 day trial of Photoshop Elements 9. I am finding it very slow when saving, too. Of the two programs, I "think" I prefer Lightroom.