Image file & smugmug integration

rharrisrharris Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
edited May 26, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
A local photog recommended Image File to me a few weeks ago, have only just remembered to look it up now though.

http://www.theimagefile.com/?Action=SU&type=0

I'm interested in how you can 'integrate' it into your existing website (smugmug). Is it just like a HTML table, or how does it work.. or does it work AT ALL with smugmug?

I've got a couple of events on the weekend, so was thinking I could do a test run for a month to see how it works, if it is possible at all with smugmug.

Just looking for some 'hands on' feedback from our knowledgeable members - thank you!

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2011
    I don't know Image File myself, but in looking at the link you posted, it looks like a direct competitor to Smugmug such that you would use one or the other, but not both.

If you already have Smugmug, what is it that you want Image File to do for you?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • rharrisrharris Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited May 25, 2011
    Hi John, I'll have to investigate more. There is no straight forward way for me to sell prints/images on smugmug, that is where the problem lies - I'm in the UK. There are options, like event folders where people can favourite images, or adding paypal buttons, but neither work well enough.
    edited May 25, 2011
    rharris wrote: »
    Hi John, I'll have to investigate more. There is no straight forward way for me to sell prints/images on smugmug, that is where the problem lies - I'm in the UK. There are options, like event folders where people can favourite images, or adding paypal buttons, but neither work well enough.
    If you can't do your business on Smugmug, then why not just switch to a service that you can rather than try to plug two of them together?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • rharrisrharris Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited May 26, 2011
    Because I'm got my page established now, it ranks high with SEO, and I'm only just building a portfolio so I can't afford to 'start over again', that could easily set me back a further 6-12months. Didn't expect to get the 'why don't you go away' response here in honesty.... the site mentions it can integrate with other sites, that was my intension, not to try and advertise it or attempt a full-switch... I was just curious if anyone else had experience with integrating them on smugmug...
    edited May 26, 2011
    rharris wrote: »
    Because I'm got my page established now, it ranks high with SEO, and I'm only just building a portfolio so I can't afford to 'start over again', that could easily set me back a further 6-12months. Didn't expect to get the 'why don't you go away' response here in honesty.... the site mentions it can integrate with other sites, that was my intension, not to try and advertise it or attempt a full-switch... I was just curious if anyone else had experience with integrating them on smugmug...
    Hopefully you'll find someone who knows something about Image File then. I've never heard it discussed here on dgrin. You might try inquiring over on their site and ask how the process works for integrating when you already have all your photos somewhere else.
    --John
    HomepagePopular