Panning practise

gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited October 6, 2005 in Sports
Between the motorbike races we had karts they don't do it for me so i practised my panning critique welcome
38807517-M.jpg

38811906-M.jpg

38811903-M.jpg

38811919-M.jpg

These little things are fast
Thanks for looking
Gary

Comments

• HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    Hey Gary,
    What kind of shutter speeds are you shooting here and how fast are these things going. You have nice motion blur and most of the shots are real sharp (#2 is a little soft). Just curious as to what you like to shoot at to capture the action but freeze the subject.

Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• hesaiashesaias Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    I really like 1 and 4. The subject in 1 is nice and sharp. You using a tripod, or hand panning?
    Scott

Canon Rebel XT
    Canon 580 EX Speedlight
    Canon EF 50mm f1.8
    Canon EF IS 28-135mm f/3.2-5.6
    Canon EFL 70-200 f/2.8
    SanDisk Ultra IIs
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2005
    These were shot at 1/250 i was about 12 feet away and they were doing about 55-65 mph usually go down to 1/125 to 1/180 on this corner for the bikes but the karts don't slow down much for this corner
    Hey Gary,
    What kind of shutter speeds are you shooting here and how fast are these things going. You have nice motion blur and most of the shots are real sharp (#2 is a little soft). Just curious as to what you like to shoot at to capture the action but freeze the subject.

Chris
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2005
    These were shot handheld stood on a gas bottle so i could shot without getting the tyre wall in the shot bit precarious

Gary
    hesaias wrote:
    I really like 1 and 4. The subject in 1 is nice and sharp. You using a tripod, or hand panning?