Any thermal issues with sealing a 7D in a bag?

roakeyroakey Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited May 26, 2011 in Cameras
I’m planning on setting up my Canon 7D in a dusty and possibly rainy place (next to a race course) and operating it remotely using the Canon EOS Utility. Any issues, thermal or otherwise, with putting the camera in a trash bag and sealing it up as much as possible to protect it? I will NOT be taking movies, and only using liveview for short periods of time for framing, focus and exposure.

Roak

Ps. I’ll figure out some way to protect it from direct sun, too.
[email]roakeyatunderctekdotcom[/email]
<== Mighty Murphy, the wonder Bouv!

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2011
    I use white 13 gal or so trash bags as rain covers all the time.....but I am not sealing it up in there......white will not heat up as any dark color would......I am shooting with D300 so it is not as weather proof as the upper line pro bodies................good luck
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• roakeyroakey Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited May 26, 2011
    Thanks for the reassurance!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Art Scott wrote: »
    ......white will not heat up as any dark color would......
    Hmmmm. As I learned the first time I showed up and requested a media pass for the track, nothing white, black, yellow green or red is allowed anywhere near the track. One of those forehead-slapping moments for me! :) Fortunately I happened to be dressed in blue and brown.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I'm actually thinking of sewing together a dessert camo (this is the Colorado plains) "tent" to go over the tripod since the camera is mounted upside down. The center column is sticking up so it’ll give a nice central post for the tent to rest on. This will keep direct sun off the plastic bag and then the bag can be any color.

Roak
    [email]roakeyatunderctekdotcom[/email]
    <== Mighty Murphy, the wonder Bouv!