sister cordelia

rbtrbt Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
edited May 28, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
sister-cordelia-11x17-L.jpg

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2011
    Lots of ways to interpret this image, Rbt. It's like I am in the verge of concluding that the letter to whom it was addressed to died or committed suicide. Good use of leading lines on the bottle and on the pavement. On the black and white conversion, I was hoping for a more dynamic black level to stir up more tension on the contrast. Artistic, if I may say, Sir. Well done. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • rbtrbt Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    Thanks for the comments jiro - I agree with you on the black level and the contrast.
  • MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    agreed, it screams overdose to me...dont know why...lol
    it moved me thats for sure!
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    Me too .. it's a moving photo. Great work thumb.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 28, 2011
    Intriguing image--I've come back to this one several times. I think the black point is probably OK, but you could improve the contrast with a curve--it's a little flat as is. I also would consider rotating it 90 degrees clockwise, which makes the text easier to read.
  • rbtrbt Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    Rotating 90 degrees never occured to me - thats the value of getting a different perspective. I do like the fact that all the text is easier to read. Thanks for the input.