Iris Petal

MeistermanMeisterman Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited May 28, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I was watering the Iris plants last night and thought one petal might look cool shot.

Comments

• MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    while it's a nice nice idea...the shadow throws me off, and the clairty of the stigma/stamen isn't sharp...could you maybe turn it more? I dont know...it just seems blurry...could be my eyes tho.
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    Meisterman wrote: »
    I was watering the Iris plants last night and thought one petal might look cool shot.

I love its simplicity, Meisterman. The intentional positioning of the petal on the rule of thirds power point is very nice. On a personal note, I think this shot would have a more dynamic impact to the viewers if the plane to where it is placed is colored black for a strong contrast. Just a personal opinion so kindly take it with a grain of salt. :D
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • MeistermanMeisterman Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    while it's a nice nice idea...the shadow throws me off, and the clairty of the stigma/stamen isn't sharp...could you maybe turn it more? I dont know...it just seems blurry...could be my eyes tho.

Thanks and its meant to be a little soft. I think its a nice change from being tack sharp.
  • MeistermanMeisterman Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    I love its simplicity, Meisterman. The intentional positioning of the petal on the rule of thirds power point is very nice. On a personal note, I think this shot would have a more dynamic impact to the viewers if the plane to where it is placed is colored black for a strong contrast. Just a personal opinion so kindly take it with a grain of salt. :D

Thanks for your thoughts here but I was looking for a high key presentation. Seems like every flower shot I have seen / done is with a black / very dark background. I thought change from the norm would be good.
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    Meisterman wrote: »
    Thanks for your thoughts here but I was looking for a high key presentation. Seems like every flower shot I have seen / done is with a black / very dark background. I thought change from the norm would be good.

got it. thumb.gif:D
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    I like it......wish I had thought of it:D
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    Think you were right. It does thumb.gif
    Michael
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    Howdy Meisterman,

Love the Simple Elegance of the image you've presented.

Very pleasing to the eye.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • rbtrbt Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    I like it - the subtle light colors are pleasing to the eye