edited May 31, 2011 in Landscapes
Criticism is always welcome.

Tonto-falls-redo-best-2-XL.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
  • Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    Nice composition, I thought it was a tad soft before I clicked on the pic and saw the detail in the original, must be the way it was posted? The only thing that I would do slightly differently is gone for a lighter sky to give a bit more contrast at the overhang.

Good stuff though.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    schmoo, Chris, thank you for commenting.
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    Contrast was my only thought. If you have photoshop, and in my opinion, adjusting midtone contrast would benefit the most with this image without adding too much black back into the photo while still popping out all the important features that happen to all be in the midtone range.

The falling water really makes the picture, and I like that its not super soft and flowy like most water scenes. It promotes to the feel of the image more than a soft waterfall would. (I looked at the original size version)
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    Overfocused, I appreciate the critique. I added a lot of local contrast except in the sky, but I'll see what a midtone contrast adjustment does.

I had little choice about how the water looked, as I was shooting almost straight up. My tripod won't do that and I was shooting handheld.