First Family Session

geoles2geoles2 Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited May 29, 2011 in People
Hi everyone, would like some critique of my first family session, I know that in the first pic I need to take care of the glass flash, I just wondered what everyone thought. The family likes them, but i'm not competely sold?

When I zoom in they seem out of focus?

Comments

• geoles2geoles2 Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    Wow, I think I didnt upload a good pic, I set the upload to the max size, domensions? Any uploading tips for a better pic, looks better on my pc.
  • SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    Wow, not sharp at all. Probably a resolution problem when it loaded into your post. How does the original image look?

The thing that immediately jumps out at me is that there is no contact between any of the family members. It looks like a bunch of individual portraits compressed into one photo. Little things like a hand on a shoulder, on a waist, on an arm, will make the portrait flow and show a closeness and warmth to your family portraits.

I really like the setting!
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
  • ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2011
    Love the setting, love the outfit choice, totally agree with Surfdog on resolution and touching. You definitely want to show connection with family portraits. Right now the only ones touching are the dad and the little girl on the left. I think you've got a great vision, but the execution wasn't quite there.