6138781-L.jpg

6138782-L.jpg

6138784-L.jpg

6138780-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2004
    Nice shots thanks for sharing.thumb.gif It is nice to see into the lives of other cultures.

Tim
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    Nice shots thanks for sharing.thumb.gif It is nice to see into the lives of other cultures.

Tim

Thanks Tim! Cool avater by the way!
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    nod.gif It's also refreshing to see shots of real people in Kuala Lumpur, instead of the usual views these days of the Petrona Towers. Very nice!
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2004
    SeeMoon wrote:
    Thanks Tim! Cool avater by the way!
    Thanks SeeMoon my avatar is my dogs eye.
    BTW I am of Dutch heritage.
    So as the saying goes... If you aint Dutch you aint much.mwink.gif

Cheers

Tim
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2004
    I like that first shot, SeeMoon, a real slice of life. And based on your second image, it would seem that carting around greenery is as common in Malaysia as it is in Shanghai! Could you show us why Kuala Lumpur is one of your favorite cities? If you can do it, you might persuade me to visit there. 1drink.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2004
    The girl in the first shot looks happy to have her picture taken, Unlikely to get the same response in the UK. Interesting how different cultures react, people over here are so suspicious and guarded.

Is the baby tied to the chair?

Great pictures Simone..
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    The girl in the first shot looks happy to have her picture taken, Unlikely to get the same response in the UK. Interesting how different cultures react, people over here are so suspicious and guarded.

Is the baby tied to the chair?

Great pictures Simone..

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Yes Gubbs, the baby is tied; i think it's because of a hip-problem..
    People here are different to european or american; they're really curious what i'm doing (hanging over a table of durian with my camera :D ) and want to know where i'm from, but it feels like i'm the one who has to smile first to get a real smile back. Most of the time i ask if i can make a picture, and always show it on the little screen. Before i know it there a lot of people around me and they all want to take a look.

If you want to see more of my visits to Malaysia and Sarawak (Borneo) there's plenty more on Smug. But when i'm back home i'll post some more here.
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    I like that first shot, SeeMoon, a real slice of life. And based on your second image, it would seem that carting around greenery is as common in Malaysia as it is in Shanghai! Could you show us why Kuala Lumpur is one of your favorite cities? If you can do it, you might persuade me to visit there. 1drink.gif

Sounds like a personal challenge for this week! :D
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2004
    SeeMoon wrote:
    Sounds like a personal challenge for this week! :D

nod.gif Yes it is!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au