Review of the 50mm 1.8G already out. (Photozone)

insanefredinsanefred Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
edited May 30, 2011 in Cameras
http://www.photozone.de/nikon_ff/631-nikkorafs5018ff

Based on the review and sample photos, my 50mm 1.8D is going on sale soon.

Comments

• Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    Yeah, I think I'll be getting one. I'm just not really a 50mm kinda guy most of the time, I'd much prefer to save my cash for the better 35 and 85 primes, and just need a "cheap 50" to cover the bases. (But I just don't trust the wide-open focus accuracy and consistency of AF-D lenses now, having tested all four of Nikon's new f/1.4 AFS primes...)

Too bad the 85 f/1.4 is just WAY out of my reach, whether or not I save a few hundred bucks on a 50!

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • insanefredinsanefred Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    Yeah, I think I'll be getting one. I'm just not really a 50mm kinda guy most of the time, I'd much prefer to save my cash for the better 35 and 85 primes, and just need a "cheap 50" to cover the bases. (But I just don't trust the wide-open focus accuracy and consistency of AF-D lenses now, having tested all four of Nikon's new f/1.4 AFS primes...)

Too bad the 85 f/1.4 is just WAY out of my reach, whether or not I save a few hundred bucks on a 50!

=Matt=

I haven't tried the new 35mm 1.4, but I know if I do, I will not let it go. The New 85mm and fantastic, sharp wide open and contrasty. The only down side of these newer primes is the obvious focus shift.