Options

MC 12: New Open Door Shots

sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
edited May 30, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here are some new images of the open door - taken with a 10-22 lens to show more of the immediate environment of the door and focus a bit more on that handle. Hard to shoot this door from an old stairway with a broken foot. Do you prefer any of these to the previous image I had posted?

1. Previous Open Door Image that many favored:
i-bgDFL3m-L.jpg

2. Open Door (no room to show above the arch)
i-pK5QwDC-L.jpg

i-sfKMsg3-L.jpg

4a.
i-SzDGVmW-L.jpg

4b. This version is a bit brighter around the doorway
i-tNnVDzm-L.jpg

5. Very hard to get a good color version of this...
i-DrRqKhx-L.jpg

i-j4DNxNx-L.jpg

The green looks different on every monitor in my house, so feel free to comment on whether it looks too bright, too dull, etc. One of the trees in the reflection is a Korean dogwood with white blossoms, and I tweaked the color in #6 to keep that detail.

Hard to shoot this door while standing on an old stairway with a broken foot, but am hoping that I got some better shots this time!

Thanks,
Gretchen

Comments

• Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited May 30, 2011
    I'm thinking that I'll go with the first image (that you helped me select before) and figure out whether to go with the green pane or not. Several helpful dgrinners affirmed the selective coloring but its hard to get the green a nice subtle shade.... Thanks!
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    I like the perspective in #1. And the green looks good to me.