Options

#77: Bottles of Wine--Feedback Plz

slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
edited May 30, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I wasn't going to take time to do an entry, but I got this idea and decided to try it. So, what do you think? Did I go too far darkening it up? Does this work?

Thanks in advance.

i-tgjkkqn-L.jpg

Sherry

Comments

• Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited May 30, 2011
    Great idea. Really like the reflection of the wine bottles, the variety of labels, etc. Not sure about the wine rack in its current position. Might be better to include just a bit more of it in the frame?

Gretchen
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    I like it. The wall color is a great backdrop. As far as the darkness.... I like photos on the darker said so I am probably not a good judge of what others would think.
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    Thanks Gretchen & Donna. I had other shots with more of the wine rack, both full, empty, & partially full. I actually cropped most of the rack out of this picture. To me, it looks better with less but I will take another look at the uncropped version. I had a brighter version as well, but I like the mood of the darkened image. I may have gone too far with it though.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Sherry
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited May 30, 2011
    It doesn't look too dark to me, and I do like the red background. It everything was dark, that would be a problem. You have some nice highlights.