Options

BOOK: The Future of Memories by Dane M Howard

Tutorials and ReviewsTutorials and Reviews Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 138
edited May 18, 2005 in Book and Gear Reviews
[imgr]http://dgrin.smugmug.com/photos/i-sQH8PTj/0/S/i-sQH8PTj-S.jpg[/imgr]The Future of Memories: Sharing Moments with Photoshop Elements and Digital Cameras

Book by Dane M. Howard, review by Schmoo

For anyone who is interested in documenting their life, The Future of Memories is a great place to start. While it is primarily directed towards the beginner photographer and the computer novice, there is still a wealth of valuable information within these pages. Dane Howard covers every step of the photo journaling process: from drafting ideas and approaches to technical details such as ISO and shutter speed, basic image editing and file organization.

I found great words of wisdom in the writing, proving that learning is never, ever over. Experienced photographers with an interest in communicating more effectively through digital media can keep this book on a nearby shelf as a reference. Hundreds of photos and diagrams do a great job of illustrating the text. There is so much information in here and it is presented in a clear, step-by-step, easy-to-digest manner.

I definitely feel as though this book is ambitious in its audience. There is a lot of information that a true technology novice can take away from the more basic areas of this book, and in a way it could be overwhelming. However taken patiently and in smaller chunks I believe that anyone can get a firm grasp of communicating and sharing their personalized media through the digital age.

Melding creative tactics and clear technical instruction, The Future of Memories is a comprehensive primer of life documentation for every person... and the everyday person.