Options

BOOK: Digital Photography in Available Light by Mark Galer

Tutorials and ReviewsTutorials and Reviews Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 138
edited May 18, 2005 in Book and Gear Reviews
[imgr]http://dgrin.smugmug.com/photos/i-QSqxXSQ/0/S/i-QSqxXSQ-S.jpg[/imgr]Digital Photography in Available Light

Book by Mark Galer, review by ian408

For the beginning photographer looking for a single comprehensible book that explains photography, this book is it. Intermediate and advanced photographers will find useful tidbits as well.

Mark Galer covers topics from digital cameras to framing images, creative controls to light and panoramic photographs through the photographic essay in this 248 page book.

It’s hard to imagine a comprehensive guide to photography in a paperback book of this size.

In one of the early chapters of the book, Galer covers the selection of a camera system. He notes the two primary differences between prosumer an dSLR cameras. Sensor size and viewfinder size. He presents the information in an easy to understand format that allows any new photographer to make a decision about which system is right for them. Pros and cons are discussed in an objective manner. Yet later chapters discuss some of the finer details of image processing—steps any photographer would be happy to know.

I can’t emphasize how well written and easy to understand this book is. From beginning to advanced photographer, there is something for everyone and at USD$20, it’s a bargin.