Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #78 (Light at the end) CLOSED

sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
edited June 13, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge #78

Welcome to Round #78 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges. This challenge is open to any Dgrin member.
It will run from Monday, May 30th, 10:00pm PST time (GMT -7) on through Monday, June 13th, 10:00pm PST time (GMT -7).

The topic ready for your interpretation: Light at the end
End of what? Light? Huh?
Well - once again it is up to you to decide, use your imagination.

There are no editing restrictions in this round

Your Judge:
1 round 72 Hour Public Vote.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a SmugMug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page: Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method (such as "save for web"), and your EXIF will be embedded in your image, no worries!

To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge Rules, there have been some recent modifications

Comments

• Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    Dumb Question here...(go figure) can I do this challenge now that the Mega is in voting mode?
    Ciao
    Angela
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    yep, it is just the challenge that runs along with the mega that you qualify for that you can't participate in

... did that make sense?
  • Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    dnie wrote: »
    yep, it is just the challenge that runs along with the mega that you qualify for that you can't participate in

... did that make sense?

Yep! thanks thumb.gif
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2011
    too early!
    Unfortunately I won't be able to return to re-shoot (when the light's on)... it's a long drive!
    DSC7132-M.jpg
    edited June 7, 2011
    I shot a photo last year in a cemetery that I really liked but I always felt like it could be much better. Since then my photo skills have improved and the subject fits the challenge perfectly. Would it be appropriate to shoot a photo for the Dgrin challenge of a subject that I photographed in the past? The new photo would be the same subject and same concept with different lighting and a somewhat different look.
    Thanks, James
  • Options
    bbjonesbbjones Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2011
    I shot a photo last year in a cemetery that I really liked but I always felt like it could be much better. Since then my photo skills have improved and the subject fits the challenge perfectly. Would it be appropriate to shoot a photo for the Dgrin challenge of a subject that I photographed in the past? The new photo would be the same subject and same concept with different lighting and a somewhat different look.
    Thanks, James

As far as I know, that's completely fine. You just have to have the actual picture that you submit taken during the contest.

Furthermore, it seems to me that returning to a previous shoot with better skills and improved ideas on what you want is exactly what the challenges are supposed to be about: getting better!
    The goal of my photography is is the effective, original communication of a feeling expressing truth, beauty, or love.

www.photographyjones.com
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2011
    Go for it. The challenges are about challenging yourself.
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2011
    Thanks, James

If it is shot within the challenge time frame it is all appropriate. thumb.gif
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2011
    red_zone wrote: »
    Unfortunately I won't be able to return to re-shoot (when the light's on)... it's a long drive!
    DSC7132-M.jpg

Havre De Grace?? Pretty!
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    rteest42 wrote: »
    Havre De Grace?? Pretty!
    Ocracoke Light, Outer Banks, NC... wish it was in the time period!