845282893_ca7zA-L-5.jpg

845283582_K2oCR-L-5.jpg

852140426_LdVC5-L-2.jpg

DSC02564-L.jpg
ait. echeverria

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    Boy, I see an absolute treasure trove of opportunity here. You've got a mother load vein of rust that could be mined for years.

I like the shots you have here but they only scratch the surface. Get close to your subject....zero in on certain elements of interest. Isolate patches of particular appeal. More than anything else, though, you have to give rust the royal treatment. Get real aggressive with your PP program. Bump up the saturation, turn loose the sharpening, let the adjustment sliders fly in every direction.....give rust the chance to really dance for you.

All those suggestions are meant, of course, for someone that's a true RUST JUNKIE at heart. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    15524779-Ti.gif

Lovely series with lots of potential! :D

Rust Rules

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • aitortugaitortug Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    Boy, I see an absolute treasure trove of opportunity here. You've got a mother load vein of rust that could be mined for years.

I like the shots you have here but they only scratch the surface. Get close to your subject....zero in on certain elements of interest. Isolate patches of particular appeal. More than anything else, though, you have to give rust the royal treatment. Get real aggressive with your PP program. Bump up the saturation, turn loose the sharpening, let the adjustment sliders fly in every direction.....give rust the chance to really dance for you.

All those suggestions are meant, of course, for someone that's a true RUST JUNKIE at heart. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Tom

You are right Tom.

I have a lot to learn, and with your advice, would be easier<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Thank you

Aitor
    ait. echeverria
    edited May 31, 2011
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif

Lovely series with lots of potential! :D

Rust Rules

Don

Rust rules.....?

Abandoned rusty machines. For example....

Don't you think Don?

I'm very new in this place and I need some help.

Thanks
    ait. echeverria
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 31, 2011
    aitortug wrote: »
    Rust rules.....?

lol3.gif It's an American idiomatic expression. In proper Spanish, you could say "el óxido es lo mejor;" but in Madrid slang I think "el óxido es la caña" would be closer.
    edited May 31, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    lol3.gif It's an American idiomatic expression. In proper Spanish, you could say "el óxido es lo mejor;" but in Madrid slang I think "el óxido es la caña" would be closer.

No aprendo solo de fotografia, que bien

RUST ES LA CAÑA...!!!!!
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    ait. echeverria
  • tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    aitortug wrote: »

845283582_K2oCR-L-5.jpg

love this
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2011
    love this

15524779-Ti.gif

Lots to learn from this forum :D
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2011
    Your 3rd photo is great. I love the tracks and the buildings. I like how you composed this photo.

As for rust ... Your last photo would of had me up close taking photos till the sun went down :D
    edited June 13, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Your 3rd photo is great. I love the tracks and the buildings. I like how you composed this photo.

As for rust ... Your last photo would of had me up close taking photos till the sun went down :D
    I take note for nex time. Thank you. mwink.gif
    ait. echeverria